Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

oh dear I just realised that thanks "Matlock":+1:

1 Like

I believe the word you are looking for is “caught”.

5 Likes

“Traffic Alert” in Sydney last night:

Edit - Sorry not sure why it has replied to you, @Wade. Can’t figure out how to change it.

7 Likes

New bug added in the top-right corner of a report from Rio tonight:

The same bug appeared on and off in a second report so I guess it is for official footage only and not just a general thing for the games.

Also a cap of the Olympics mic box (been in use since last week) for those who might not have seen it:

…and a different part of the backdrop featured during part of the bulletin tonight:

4 Likes

For the lack of a better thread. Seven’s Gold Coast-specific feed, including the recently launched 5.30pm local bulletin is now available through Foxtel. A special promo with Rod Young highlighting this fact has been posted to the Seven Gold Coast News Facebook page:

2 Likes

That end board reads interestingly,‘7 News Gold Coast - Queensland’s No 1.’

Also, pretty trivial but the line in the screen or panels behind Rod is annoying

Not sure if the recently updated Melbourne endboard has been uploaded yet so here it is

5 Likes

Might be cutting it a bit too close to make that statement…

Ah yes, Australia’s No.1. The tagline to use when you can’t get a win locally.

8 Likes

“Australia’s No.1 Least Watched News Service”

8 Likes

For Seven News Sydney: “Western Sydney’s #1 News” - Infact, I’m kind of surprised that they haven’t actually tried that one yet! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Maybe they can use that when they have a breakaway west/south west news at 5:30. Might have to get Keith Scott to do a Peter Harvey like intro. :smiley:

1 Like

Did anyone happen to record one of the bulletin’s last night, with Chris Reason’s preview of the Rio Opening Ceremony? (thanks)

Interesting to see that Seven News Sydney actually produces their promos in HD! I thought the promos were done in SD, but I guess that their rather average quality of the MPEG2 SD main channel feed on terrestrial TV really compresses that much! :open_mouth:

6 Likes

A generic promo for Seven News Sydney which I presume is fairly new, using a very similar “virtual set” to that used in Seven’s promos for their Rio Olympics Coverage:

And just incase anyone’s wondering, the News Updates are in SD. With Sydney’s 6pm news tonight, I’d probably expect something on par with Ten (ie, only cameras & VizRT graphics in HD).

5 Likes

God the organ at the end is so severe it sounds like the theme for the harbinger of death.

3 Likes

bloody awful promo.

1 Like

I agree. The script of the promo is mostly bits and pieces of previous Seven/Nine News promos mixed together as well:

“When it happens, you’ll see it on Seven News” and “You’ll always see it on Seven News” - similar to lines from Seven News “Everywhere” 2014 & various Nine News “See It First” promos.
“We’re ready, every second, of every day” - similar to a line from Seven News’ “Everywhere” 2014 promos.
“We’ve got the team, we’ve got the experience, you’ve got the news” - similar to a line from a Seven News promo from earlier this year (I believe)
"Switch to the Number 1 network for news in the country - similar to the “Sydney is Watching the #1 newshour” line from a 2015 Nine News Sydney promo.

All in all, Seven News really needs to come up with some newer ideas for their promos. Apart from the “virtual set” (and even that’s arguably inspired by Nine’s Studio 22 and their live digitally inserted logos), not that great IMO!

1 Like

Haven’t seen this variation of the ‘news’ font on 7 Perth before tbh

6 Likes

I hope that’s a mock…

1 Like