Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

If I’m not mistaken, that Townsville Local News reporter is Vivien von Drehnen. :slight_smile:

I agree re the fullscreens. Why is there a loud swoosh or sound fx whenever there is one? Why are these even necessary? The presenter already told me the reporter was live I don’t need to know again.

1 Like

Can be seen here

4 Likes

I do have a cap of that from the morning news.

Really not a fan of the massive text ones. I think the ones in Melbourne and Adelide look the best - size wise.

5 Likes

Is it just me or is it only Adelaide which has adopted the bolder 7 news bug in during the headlines? (comparison image from Brisbane as posted by @TV.Cynic.). There are other differences, like the red line extending further to the right, and the smaller font as I previously pointed out.

And finally, could this be a hint at what style any refreshed supers may use … note the small attribution/credit super at the bottom left which, like the new headlines, doesn’t contain any blue. This type of super doesn’t show too often, but from my best recollection it used to be blue font with a white background.

6 Likes

The Adelaide version (too) looks much better! The smaller font is definitely a winner but the line going all the way to the end and bolder news font look more refined.

They’ve on been on air for a week and a day and they get new graphics!

5 Likes

Early News

5 Likes

We need a new national backdrop. That globe… Is so bloody old, and it’s not even an accurate portrail of the world globe… Eveyone sits on top.

6 Likes

It’s so dark for 5am! Shouldn’t it feel lighter and airy.

3 Likes

That seat must be uncomfortable :wink:

Ha I was thinking the same things this morning with those screenshots, some interesting facials there.

One from the satellite feeds – interestingly, the camera crew from Ten was setting up the Seven reporter for her live cross:

10 Likes

7 Local News in QLD are using the same new graphics as Adelaide with the red line extending all the way over to the logo and the bolder “NEWS”.

4 Likes

Nice to see Seven using the set a bit more in Sydney this week:

9 Likes

Yay for something different, I can’t believe my eyes! They are using the actual set! :frowning:

So much blue though we are almost in a solarium, or underwater. You’d think you’re watching Ten or Nine news

I’d really like to see them utilise standing positions and using those 2 side plasmas on each side of the set. They just sit there with the same boring generic backgrounds that are plastered on them burning into them.

5 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Nice Bastille Day Attack

Yes. I know the suburb. What point are you trying to make?

Wasn’t sure whether to post it here or not, but Perth was using standing shot graphics tonight for the Bastille Day attacks in Nice:

Also updated Money Watch OST:

4 Likes