Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Can I just say how nice it is to have headlines without an abundance of blue!

Adelaide caps coming shortly…

Video of the headlines: (the font size and transition sound effect in this video are more appropriate compared to Brisbane, Sydney and possibly others IMO)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKyXSl-6u_w&vq=hd720

Also, this is a little late but for not too long up until tonight, 7 News Adelaide were using this transition graphic during live crosses:

5 Likes
4 Likes

Maybe they will update the supers tomorrow!

Wish they will update the virtual set in Perth but I doubt that will happen!

1 Like

Significantly better than they had, too bad they didn’t finish the job with a new title sequence and supers.

7 Likes

Finally something that doesn’t look 10 years out of date.
Shame they didn’t do a total overhaul though.

2 Likes

Unlike most others, I actually quite like the changes. I hate the old supers and hope they update them soon, but I like the changes they’ve made myself.

Although, once again, I think 7 Local News here in QLD have done a better job at making these changes look good then the metro services have.

5 Likes

This would be perfect!
I hope they go with something like this.

3 Likes

I see 7 news in SA still aren’t using the Olympic rings during the news

First time a national sports update shown in Perth
Normally we get local sports update on the weekends only

The changes look great. But agree with the sentiment of others here regarding the supers.

1 Like

Why only go half way?

I quite like the changes they have made (though the blue is too strong on the OTS graphics I think - would prefer seven go completely red/white). Headlines and coming up look 10x better and even the live/breaking news look more professional compared to what they had before.

All let down by the elements they didn’t touch… and why they didn’t touch them, god only knows! Makes the whole thing look so thrown together (unless something went wrong before launch… but that should affect all markets).

4 Likes

I only hope they are rolling it out in two stages - as to not “alienate” viewers (that old uniquely Australian theory about TV news graphics.

Hopefully the opener, and new lower thirds come in a few weeks

Are those full screen LIVE graphics not just the foulest thing ever?

Ugly all round. What’s the point of it? Who even watches Seven News any more?

haha - When you look at the ratings of the various 7 News bulletins in the top 5 markets - and the regional ratings of these Newscasts on the east coast - more Australians watch 7 News than any other news service.

1 Like

Look at the demos - if this was the U.S., those ratings wouldn’t even matter. All over 60s.

@Firetorch do you have the 25-54s for 7 v 9?

Sunday’s bulletin from Perth:

3 Likes

correct, looks great but update the rest!

Apologies if this has already been posted, but noticed this transition used for an Olympics story in a news update on TDE today

3 Likes

Seven’s afternoon news in Brisbane using a Townsville Local News reporter.

2 Likes