Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I do agree sometimes they pick the least important story as a front headline, and sometimes there are more stories from Nine and Ten that don’t get mentioned that are more important. There is room for improvement for the Perth bulletin and the entire News service, for some of the issues we mentioned before, especially the state of the content.

3 Likes

Nothing in Melbourne with the rings.

I feel it’s possible we may see a 2000 style opener with the rings included in the opener and watermark?

1 Like

Since Seven have had a history of adding the Olympic Rings in the graphics and in the opener (2000 and 2008), I really hope you’re right. Seven rarely does anything to its openers these days, but with the change to including the Olympic Rings in the watermark, let’s hope their on to something.

*you’re

1 Like

You’ve caught me! I rarely make spelling mistakes like that! It’s been corrected now. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Personally, I would prefer to see Seven completely relaunch their news graphics rather than just add the Olympic rings to the titlecard…

Mind you, I would like to see the footage in Sydney’s titlecard (which is being used again as of this week) updated because the same shot has been used since the old 2011-12 titlecards. Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth have all updated their titlecard footage in recent times, come on Seven Sydney!

4 Likes

I would prefer Seven to relaunch it’s graphics and it’s News service, but it’d be nice to tweak the opener to the lead up to the Olympics, like they did during the lead up to the 2000 and 2008 games.

Although, I would prefer the first option :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I know they did in 2000, but I don’t remember the Openers of Seven News ever having the Olympic Rings in 2008…just the supers/watermark.

Wasn’t sure about the opener, just know that they had the Olympic Rings in their supers like you mentioned. Did Seven ever tweak it’s opener in 2004 since they still had the previous graphics package?

I’d prefer if Seven gets rid of the cardboard cutout that sits at the desk in Sydney Sun-Thurs and replaces it with something with a pulse… but hey, that’s just me.

Graphics also need an overhaul and a bigger emphasis on statewide news, not just western Sydney bogans.

9 Likes

I completely agree with all those points.

If Seven News Sydney want to become a consistent #1 bulletin in the ratings (rather than winning the odd night here and there, but otherwise mostly trailing Nine), they quite simply need to get their product to a better standard of quality than Nine News Sydney. Simple as that really.

2 Likes

Special background tonight in Melbourne and audio doesn’t seem synced.

For Muhammad Ali? Just curious.

Yes.

1 Like

7 local news is this week using the Olympic logo flipping over with the 7 news logo. Interestingly the word Local isn’t used.

3 Likes

Sydney tonight

3 Likes

The set looks a bit better with actual footage (well, probably stills from actual footage) rather than dodgy backdrop loop although those vertical plasmas on the side spoil it for me…I’d probably ditch them if they can’t be used for anything useful like an alternative to OTS graphics.

3 Likes

That six screen wall. Actually laughable.

The random photo of a wave behind Mark Ferguson…lol.

Why on earth didn’t they have the reporters live cross boxes on the screens? Four on the vertical plasmas and have Wooden plank Mark interact with them!
You have a god damn set! Use the friiggin thing! The way they use it you might as well stick him in front of a print on a brick wall and no one would know the difference.
Start being innovative again, get the man standing presenting some stories with the side plasma used during Sunrise.

There is no creative design presentation wise. It’s the same trollop they have been pumping out for the past 6 years. “Watch 7 news where the same old shit is being done… We don’t care about innovating our bulletin for viewers, we’ll just treat you like idiots and serve you the same tired crap”

God, the Road to Rio program on weekends use the Martin place set better than all of the programs it’s designed for, it’s embarrasing.

Sack the whole god damn news department and the ones higher up, it’s time to get rid of the relics.

5 Likes

[quote=“Leostar, post:1345, topic:103”]
Start being innovative again, get the man standing presenting some stories with the side plasma used during Sunrise.[/quote]

Or better yet, use the plasma wall in the performance area. Sunrise does some great wide shots in that area and the live view out to Elizabeth St along the side would add some energy and offer the flexibility to venture beyond the old static front-on shot (which IMO is no different really to being at the desk).

I want to see something dynamic and fluid. I want to see Mark moving around in the space, facing the screen to talk with reporters, referring to full-screen graphics (ie maps or diagrams) on the plasma wall etc. If he can’t do that then he isn’t fit for the role and should be moved on. He needs to evolve as a newsreader to fit the bulletin rather than the bulletin being dumbed down to suit his limited abilities (sorry if that sounds harsh!).

6 Likes