Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Ah yes that was an artists impression of how the Martin Place studios would look once Seven moved in, in 2004. It’s also interesting to note in the 3rd image (news desk) it’s the same set that was used in their previous studio at Epping.

So judging by that image, Seven appeared to have plans of relocating the news set. But it wasn’t the case

3 Likes

Mel did well tonight… until the end where she called herself Mark before quickly correcting. lol

The image 2 above also looks like elements of the pre-martin place sunrise set.

3 Likes

True that. I actually overlooked that image

Well unlike Seven News Sydney which changed almost all presentational elements for the move to Martin Place (including the set, graphics, theme music, logo and a move to widescreen production), Sunrise had much more of a evolution rather than a revolution of the branding at the time. :slightly_smiling:

2 Likes

That’s why I overlooked the Sunrise image lol

[quote=“Aurora, post:1126, topic:103, full:true”]
Mel did well tonight… until the end where she called herself Mark before quickly correcting. lol
[/quote] I’m Ron Burgundy?

2 Likes

Did someone here say 7 was planning to launch “7 Gold Coast News” this year?

They already have a Facebook page 7 Gold Coast News FB

1 Like

Rare sight tonight, Smiles all-round…

10 Likes

7News at 5 did well yesterday against Ten especially in Sydney and Melbourne.

2 Likes

Special ANZAC themed backdrop for Melbourne tonight.

3 Likes

Is it just me or has the globe backdrop on the Morning/National bulletins had a blurred effect added to it?

Did anybody notice a different backdrop for the Afternoon bulletin?

2 Likes

[quote=“Leostar, post:1136, topic:103, full:true”]
Is it just me or has the globe backdrop on the Morning/National bulletins had a blurred effect added to it?
[/quote] The Early News looked a little different again this morning for the third time since its inception.[quote=“michael7310, post:1137, topic:103”]
Did anybody notice a different backdrop for the Afternoon bulletin?
[/quote] Yes that was used on the Early News this AM, looks much better IMO. Does anyone have a wideshot?

Glad it wasn’t just me who noticed. A lot more emphasis on the blue.

1 Like

Definitely, now they just need to update the graphics IMO.

Don’t expect that atleast until after the olympics. Melbourne updated all of their transition graphics to what I posted the other day. I feel they wouldn’t have done that if there was a new package in the pipeline any time soon…

Yea, why haven’t the transition graphics in Melbourne been transferred to the national bulletins?

Unsure. Are they being used in Sydney’s bulletin?
There is a chance they have been made in house at BCM like the (horrid) localized transitions they introduced for the Melbourne arvo bulletin…

I’ve seen some of the graphics used in the Sydney bulletin.