Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

This promo is fairly new, right?

4 Likes

Red backgrounds feature several times in the new 7News Brisbane promo. New pic of Sharyn and Bill at the end.

2 Likes

I’d love to know how many promos air each day. It seems there is a news promo almost every break tonight.

1 Like

Geez that “you can’t miss” text looks incredibly tacky…

3 Likes

Morning News

5 Likes

that is a God awful promo.

I think it looks awful. What is with all the blue. It may as well just be a plain blue backdrop.

Awful promo. How many times can you say the word ‘newssss’ in 30 secs? A lot apparently.

A very, very serious error of judgement in the Sydney newsroom tonight. Top story was the massive fine over a washing powder company forcing up prices of it’s products, while Nine and Ten (and I personally have no doubt that ABC and SBS will have this leading their bulletins too) had the services to mark 20 years since the Port Arthur massacre.

Is it any wonder that Sydney ISN’T making the switch to Seven News?

7 Likes

Hrmm… Absolutely no mention of Port Arthur during a Coming Up promo in Perth either. Mostly local stories, some updated from yesterday, a mention of Nat Fyfe, and Perth’s plan to build a cable cart crossing in the city. It was top story on Ten. Not sure about Nine.

Sometimes I feel they play some stories first that appeal to a younger audience. That’s not how News works. :confused:

Seven need to lose that line in the promotions quick smart. Sydney was flogged in the ratings last night.

6 Likes

I completely agree.

Yep and last night didn’t have football or anything like that to prop up Nine’s numbers either!

2 Likes

They’ve started using the Sunrise plasma background wall again in Sydney.

Opener

Weather start and end

5 Likes

Doesn’t look too bad, but the graphics still look shit.

Isn’t the area in front of the sunrise plasma the marble tiles, does that mean they bring out the black floor tiles every evening just to cover that up?

3 Likes

I would have thought that wall is just a set piece they move there for the 6pm bulletin?

That 7 day graphic is appalling, took me five minutes to figure out what it was all supposed to mean. What exactly was wrong with the old horizontal format?

And they really, REALLY need to get a bigger plasma for that space. Something that fills the whole frame would probably be big enough to do the entire forecast from and possibly some standing segments during the daytime bulletins.

The whole studio has marble flooring - they have to lay out the glossy tiles anyway so it’s not really any extra work.

1 Like

I completely agree.

Seven News really needs new graphics. Definitely for the weather, but also in general.

2 Likes

The truth is the first casualty when it comes to promotions. If you believed most Seven & Nine promos recently, (insert event/drama/moment) on (insert show) is the biggest/greatest/most dramatic thing this year/this century/since sliced bread.

2 Likes

Lemme try
“PROSH 16 on INSIDE STORY is the most dramatic thing this year since sliced bread”
How’d I do?

2 Likes

[quote=“Abesty, post:1157, topic:103”]
They’ve started using the Sunrise plasma background wall again in Sydney.
[/quote] I actually prefer that but surely it is much easier and will look better to use a video wall (they have 2) even if they David Brown has to stand on the other side.[quote=“eddel, post:1160, topic:103”]
And they really, REALLY need to get a bigger plasma for that space
[/quote] Behind the Sunrise couch, they have a video wall with invisible lines so you don’t have black lines. The screens are there they just don’t know how to use the set.