Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

No, why would they? It’s a Melbourne bulletin made for a Melbourne audience.

Next week it will be a combined bulletin made for Melbourne and Adelaide viewers. It’s up to Southern Cross if they want to produce a local bulletin for Tasmania.

Do we ever see “local” filed stories from the cairns, Townsville, Gold Coast or even Adelaide or Brisbane 6pm news make it onto 5am, 11am or 4pm News?

Some local stories can have appeal to a national audience. Likewise content from Prime7 or Tasmania

Obviously not talking about stories that only have local interest, but more magazine / lifestyle pieces

That’s more of something SCA could do during the 4pm news.

They could opt out during the adbreaks maybe with local news? (similar to what Nine does in Darwin now)

They frequently use stories from Brisbane and Adelaide , occasionally from 7Q and Gold Coast.

2 Likes

That’s literally my point, like you’re highlighting what I am saying. He could do that. Paul Dowsley can do that.

Tim Noonan or Alan Raskall don’t, so the newsroom is better served by somebody who can do whatever is needed, not somebody so niche.

5 Likes

Groundbreaking

7 Likes

Otherwise known as a recount.

3 Likes

Sydney caps tonight - Jim’s penultimate bulletin:

11 Likes

What’s happening to Jim

He’s leaving Seven for 2GB drive…

Why can’t be do both? Plenty that do news and radio

Nine wouldn’t want their talent to be on Seven and vice versa.

Plus him working 5 days on radio and 5 days on sports is quite a big workload.

5 Likes

So he isn’t part of the Olympics team despite being named?

Correct. He won’t be anymore since he’s leaving Seven altogether.

If Basil Zempilas can still be at Seven while with 6PR in Perth, I’m sure Jim could do the same

8 Likes

Maybe he doesn’t want to.

7 Likes

During this evening’s Melbourne bulletin Seven had two reporters previewing their upcoming reports before an ad break. Is this a new thing?

4 Likes

That has gone on for some time now- not all the time but has been on the Melbourne bulletins before

1 Like

5pm:

Sydney:

5 Likes

Not sure how long it has been like this, but the right hand side screen in Melbourne now has a big “7 News” logo during the opener. I think it previously just had the sport backdrop?

6 Likes