Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

When you’re looking for $100m in savings, you gotta wonder just hat much you saving by reducing 5 local bulletins to 4, at 4pm

The Adelaide staff are there, the content is there, the studio is there. Axing all 5 local bulletins might make a dent in $100m, but axing just one?

How much difference can that really make?

8 Likes

Each state station probably has a head count per department. I imagine these two were salaries that could he dissolved and a more “efficient” process done out of Melbourne.

If anything just use the same news team from 6 and make redundant any additional presenters like they’ve done already.

1 Like

Just get the 6pm readers to do 4pm

Honestly in 2020 who isn’t doing more work for the same paycheck

4 Likes

Sam Armytage lol

9 Likes

And the smallest market… context…

Heck it’s better than the Brisbane set and equal to Melbourne’s!

2 Likes

Im sure all news stations are allocated appropriate funds for sets relative to market size and revenue. Perhaps it’s local Adelaide management who choose bad designs or to put that money into other things. Hard to know

Typical of Seven.

4 Likes

Here are 2 highlights I found of Tim and Jess during their tenure at 7 Adelaide.

4 Likes

Good lord what did I just watch.

3 Likes

Tim Noonan never took to TV… maybe back to radio?

Well that seems logical to me. And even more so now they need to cut $100m. Companies rarely make investments intil
They need to

Controversial opinion here: I really don’t see the need for anything apart from the 6pm bulletin to be local.

What is the point of local afternoon news when it really is only a teaser for the 6pm news these days.

1 Like

That last bit is the exact problem with seven. They don’t innovate and get complacent. This is why they are now in the shit.

It’s been this same attitude for a decade.

3 Likes

I completely agree with you, only the Afternoon news as national was good enough for Adelaide. Something formerly advertised before 2017.

1 Like

That’s a common problem with all networks.

If Nine continues their overall success you just watch them gradually become complacent and stop innovating. All commercial networks are guilty of it when they’re winning. Nine in the early noughties, Seven now.

The toll of complacency will gradually set it and it takes a LONG time to get back on top.

4 Likes

To be fair I think Nine are pretty well in their adaption to the times. Social media and digitally they are in a better position then seven. They started it early and at the time seven execs were slamming them on twitter saying it’s a joke and it shouldn’t be part of news etc. 2 years later they started to freak out and tried to catch up… and still are

2 Likes

I’m saying that in the future, when Nine continues its dominance. As much as we hope they innovate there’s always the possibility they stop that and rely on their existing successes to carry them through. Not saying it’s the right thing but it’s the reality with the commercial networks.

As much as 7News.com.au and their social media presence isn’t as good as Nine’s counterparts, at least they’re doing something about it. It would be better than still lingering with that attitude and staying focussed on linear. Copycats they might be, but at least they’re (somewhat) coming to their senses and moving with the times, instead of trying to remain irrelevant.

1 Like

Im guessing the dual market 4pm bulletin for Adelaide and Melbourne won’t have a Melbourne backdrop and references - and will become more national in nature

So it will Impact negatively in Melbourne too - the largest tv market in the country, as they won’t have a locally branded bulletin anymore

8 Likes