Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Seven News Melbourne has changed the weather presentation again. In the past few months we could see the whole LED screen, tonight it was back to close up mode.

2 Likes

Seriously?

So have they realised that changing the set around was completely pointless?

5 Likes

Am I the only one who thinks the weather maps on the 6pm Sydney News are just too cluttered and information overload?

Updated weather segment for Melbourne at 56:15
(@SamSamTV)

5 Likes

She’s not even lit properly as she walks back to the desk at the end.

So all in all, some incredibly unnecessary moves by Seven News Melbourne.

One seriously asks what’s the frigging point!

8 Likes

You’re all getting steamed because they zoomed the shot in a bit? Is that all?

It’s because they essentially moved (and wrecked) the positioning of the set to give Jane a nice big videowall to present the weather from, but it now basically looks exactly as it did before.

15 Likes

Blooper for Sydney’s news

Go to 33:47 mark.
2 Likes

Also Melbourne’s News has a blooper

Go to 31:30 mark.
3 Likes

A ‘Special Edition’ of Melbourne’s afternoon news today. Apparently.

:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Probably to go over the Premier’s announcements that morning.

1 Like

Did you watch? There was nothing different to any other Corona bulletin they’ve been presenting for the last 2 months.

3 Likes

7NEWS Presents: Framed

Scott Austic granted retrial 13 years into life sentence for murder following major 7NEWS investigation

7NEWS special report to reveal bombshell new evidence in the case

Monday 18 May at 9.45pm

The father of two, who has languished in jail for 13 years for the murder of his partner Stacey Thorne, has been granted a retrial following a successful Supreme Court appeal.

The major legal victory announced today follows a two-year investigation by 7NEWS’ Michael Usher which presented convincing proof that crucial evidence against Austic was planted by police.

7NEWS will broadcast a special report, hosted by Michael Usher , on Monday at 9.45pm, detailing the case. 7NEWS Presents: Framed will feature explosive new evidence, fresh insight from legal and forensic experts at the centre of the case and exclusive interviews with Austic’s mother and daughter – two determined women and their untold story in how they could never let this go.

Commenting on today’s landmark win, Austic’s mother Robyn Austic said: “We’re very grateful for 7NEWS and Michael Usher for shining a big spotlight on Scott’s case, and so is he. The Seven report on the investigation into the case gave Scott’s legal fight a huge push, and was crucial in winning the right to appeal. We’re very thankful.”

Michael Usher added: “This is a big victory. Scott’s mother and daughters and his entire legal team have fought so hard for this. Now he gets a chance to have the evidence truly tested.”

Austic was convicted in 2009 and sentenced to life in prison for the stabbing murder of Stacey in Boddington, 120km from Perth. Austic, his family and team of lawyers and forensic experts have always maintained he didn’t do it.

The original 7NEWS investigation, which aired in 2018, led WA Attorney-General John Quigley to refer Austic’s case back to the Court of Appeal.

https://twitter.com/7NewsAustralia/status/1261514004507160576?s=20

Sunday Night?
I thought it was a 7News Presents?

The Sunday Night video appears to be from 2018

OK. So just a re-run?

I believe the 7NEWS investigation does not relate to the Sunday Night YouTube clip, and I believe this is not a re-run (anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

44:22 not sure what happened with the music?
1 Like

Just came in a bit late - nothing special

1 Like