Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

READ UP!!

It’s not a problem with them standing necessarily, it’s how they have completely screwed up the set.

• The desk’s current position has thrown the balance of this set off.
  • The fake backdrop in the standup opener is terrible.
  • The use of “@4PM and then later at 4:00PM” is ridiculous
  • The graphical elements of Seven’s package is outdated and terrible.
  • The angle they use when introducing the stories standing up is way too hard on the videowall (refer to 0:52 in the video)

Edit: I just realised you have been commenting throughout. So I don’t know why you are asking me why I think it is terrible lol

3 Likes

While I agree with most likely everything else in your comment, might I question which parts of Seven’s package specifically? Also do you mean the graphics package for Melb or nationwide?

This.
As I’ve mentioned before, generally the whole glossy look is so outdated now. (As I mentioned in my mock :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Really just all your opinion though. It’s pretty subjective.

1 Like

Of course, but the majority of us here share the same thoughts.

Yeh. It’s interesting reading. Your passion is great.

1 Like

We can tell you like The Latest as several of the elements have already been incorporated into the 4pm and 6pm bulletins.

1 Like

Who doesn’t? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Me. I think the resources used to produce The Latest would be better spent on improving the quality of Seven’s other bulletins, particularly Sydney’s 6pm news.

6 Likes

IMO, I feel Seven made the right decision reviving the late night news. It is needed and will continue to help Seven strengthen its reputation in news. Also, in terms of Sydney’s 6pm news, they are improving quite a lot. Want a bulletin to improve? Pick Melbourne. Although they are getting somewhere, more modifications can be made.

9 Likes

The Sunday Telegraph’s Phil Rothfield writes that South Sydney have lodged an official complaint against Seven over coverage of Latrell Mitchell’s return from isolation to training. Seven sent reporter Peter Fegan and a cameraman to Mitchell’s home to get footage from the street and to ask questions about his testing for coronavirus. Rabbitohs chief executive Blake Solly launched the complaint the next day and also spoke to the network, claiming Jim Wilson was apologetic. But Seven news director Jason Morrison said no officials from the club had spoken to himself.

2 Likes

What’s the context of the complaint?

The context was Seven sent a reporter to Latrell Mitchell’s home rather than his club to try to speak with him.

1 Like

Saw a 7NEWS Sydney ad with Fergo in Melbourne during Seven News at 5 yesterday or the day before?

Also different closer music used on two consecutive days in Syd?
Compare

with
3 Likes

I think the different closer on Saturday was partly due to The Latest starting immediately after Seven News.

4 Likes

They’re just different parts of the main mix.

But I dare say it happened because Sunday’s closer is pre-recorded to allow for The Latest, the music may have been added in post.

3 Likes

I seem to like the closer that was used on Saturday more :grinning:

1 Like

Did Seven get the live cross with Dan Andrews during the arvo and evening news? I notice Nine had him at 4 and just now at 6. Don’t normally get these sort of interviews at 6.

Not on the Afternoon News, but they will tonight. He was on Ten as well

Seems Nine News at 6 had the interview before Seven News at 6