Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I think the other networks did as well. Seven (and ABC?) covered it in full whilst the others apparently went back to their programs.

Ok when I flicked to 9 and 10 at the beginning and end they were either on shows or ads

Sydney had the conference on 9 and 9Gem.

2 Likes

Channel 9 management are anticipating 40-50% of their news employees will be off work to look after their children once schools close around the country, and have taken a very different approach to 7 by redeploying their regional staff to metro (which a week ago sounded dumb, but now could be a real saver for 9).

Will be interesting to see if 7 News follows suit, or if they are too late and struggle to get all their bulletins to air, given the closure of schools has begun.

4 Likes

…including just about all their high profile Sydney-based presenters, I’d imagine.

1 Like

Doubtful 7 will cut their Qld bulletins completely. More likely they’ll do a combined bulletin for all regions or northern and southern editions.

5 Likes

09:30 PM 7 News Special Local for each market (except Perth that has Flashpoint)

7 Likes

Another sensible decision by Seven. Good to see they’re not neglecting the late news space.

9 Likes

A result of staff shortages? This way they can use the same crew and journalists from the 6pm news.

1 Like

Seven may as well call themselves the 7 news channel. Geez. There is something called News overload.

4-5pm News
5-6pm The Chase
6-7pm 7 news
7-8 The Latest
8-9 MKR
9-10 The latest

Am I the only one thinking that is a bit too much?

1 Like

If this was normal, then maybe, but then again nothing’s normal at the time being.

Plus it rates and people are watching.

4 Likes

I predict the ratings to not be great. My workmates & friends are already saying the 6pm News is too much…

Will be curious to see in coming days whether the late local bulletin is just a one-night special or something which will be part of the schedule while The Latest airs at 7pm

Good thing they have Mark Burrows as back up.

Can’t at all imagine Peter Overton will be taking too many childcare days just yet.

But you do have to wonder if this thing were to hit, say 7 in Martin Place, what they’d do and how quickly could they do it?

1 Like

Yes maybe, but a lot of the network’s entertainment programming is currently on hold due to obvious reasons. News is the only alternative that can be provided by networks. Plus did you see the ratings for news last night? People want it.

2 Likes

Looks a lot better and less artificial than the previous background.

The Latest was repurposed and moved to an earlier slot to cover COVID-19, they don’t do two editions each night just one. They’ve only just now started doing local half hours at 9:30.

4 Likes

7 had 30 minute local news at 9.30pm in the top 5 markets last night?

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

That’s unprecedented!
I mean I love it, but I wonder what the motivation for going local at 930pm when a national news would really serve just as well

1 Like