Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

On Melbournes afternoon news just now, Sean Sowerby threw to Jane Bunn for weather after sport and then Jane ended the bulletin…

3 Likes

Very strange happenings.

Mike Amor was there at 4.30pm… But when I switched back at 4.52pm Sean Sowerby was still presenting sport, which is unusual and he threw straight to Jane who did weather and closed the bulletin.

1 Like

Amor unwell maybe?
Mitchell unwell and Amor to present tonight maybe ?
Who knows!

1 Like

Jane said something along the lines of ‘Peter Mitchell & Mike Amor and the team will bring you 7 News at 6…’

Was very odd.

5 Likes

Maybe it’ll be a special bulletin from 6:30? With the live coverage of PM’s message at 7pm?

EDIT:
Melbournes intro after headline opener…
Summary of Corona topics on video wall.

Followed by all presentation related to the virus is standing.

6 Likes

I have a feeling Mike Amor will be at the site of the overnight stabbing spree.

1 Like

Correct, hosting special coverage from there

Throwing back to Mitch

6 Likes

New promo in Perth about 7 News being inside AFL. It’s perhaps a bit unnecessary but I do think it was a well thought out and edited promo which is a shock.

3 Likes

Why is this promo a shock :man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

… Its odd for 7 Perth to actually produce something that isn’t so in your face and poorly produced.

2 Likes

Wonder if the bloke on the right will get the bloke on the left’s job one day? Maybe before returning from America Craig McPherson handshaked ‘the job is yours as soon as it allows’ or something?

Though Peter Mitchell and HSV-7 had a fantastic 2019, beating Nine News Melbourne in the ratings for the first time since 2011. So doesn’t look as likely as it might’ve in 2018.

2 Likes

I guess they needed to especially if footy is played to an empty stadium

At the same time not necessary if footy gets cancelled

On a random note, having seen it in the last few days, some sets are not designed for standing presentations.

The 7 News Melbourne set IMO is one of them.

It looks awkward and sensationalised.

It just looks very Nine News like.

5 Likes

Interesting in the latest 7News promo in Brisbane where they talk about from sunrise to 6pm to overnight (The Latest), they end with saying “no one knows news like 7”.

1 Like

The awkward turn and throw to weather is ridiculous.

There were no headlines included on the 5pm bulletin today:

3 Likes
2 Likes

Did anyone record the morning news on 7 today? I missed it!

1 Like

No headlines on Morning News today.

3 Likes