Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

The news just keeps getting worse :frowning:

2 Likes

Rosanna still does things like Seven’s 4pm news and with Adelaide switching to a solo presenter for the 6pm news, she may be used there to backfill cover for Jane Doyle in the future?

TT in Adelaide, even though it has been #1 in its time slot for the last 276 years, these days only runs for something like 16 minutes before ad breaks, plus a lot of the times it’s filled with stories that are used in the eastern states second half hour of Seven news so I’m not surprised this has happened…

3 Likes

Couldn’t work with that massive desk, eh?

1 Like

Stepping down or part of planned changes to the news division under Warburton? Hard to say.

1 Like

Interesting developments today… Perhaps Perth’s new News Director hopefully will see the need for a physical set and evolution in the general format as it feels very 2000s Presentation-wise compared to other State bulletins.

2 Likes

They’re in cost cutting mode, not looking to spend money on flash new sets.

6 Likes

Still rates like it’s the 2000s too.

5 Likes

Yeah scratch that, fair enough. Though hopefully the quality of the bulletin can improve further.

Aside from that, is there a source for his departure?

Seems that 7Perth is in a bit of chaos right now

• TT Axed
  • Monika possibly leaving the network

So they spent money on an unnecessary new desk?

The original message has now been deleted. Perhaps it could be a case of incorrect information.

2 Likes

All I know is that he has apparently left the role. Don’t know if he has left seven

1 Like

Interesting if confirmed. This has been quite a eventful day in Seven’s News Department. I wonder how these developments will impact the Network when the new year (and the start of a next decade) rolls around.

Probably in development before James Warburton got the knife out.

No desk handover to Today Tonight in Perth tonight. Instead, Rick said the usual sign-off followed by “now here’s Monica with Today Tonight” which occurred prior to the new Desk launch.

4 Likes

Most likely case here is that TT’s axing was sudden… given TVW’s investment in that new desk.

What a shambles 7 is in.

Yeah it’s hard being no 1 in news.

3 Likes

While you’re bleeding money… absolutely.

I just don’t understand why Seven is operating so poorly compared to Nine and 10. The fact that there is bitchy vibes in newsrooms, cost cutting, axing of shows amongst other things in the news and entertainment department should be spine chilling. Why can’t they get ANYTHING right?

I’m not interested in Today Tonight but I do feel bad for those who are losing their jobs because of this. Just utterly pathetic.

1 Like

I know Nine is doing alright right now as one, but a publicly traded mostly TV company in this day and age just seems like an awful idea. The makeup of the business isn’t diverse enough to support it. They need an owner with deep pockets.

1 Like

Lots of rumours suggest that News Corp could close in on Seven. Let’s hope that never happens and someone else like ABC America or (less likely) NBCU will take Seven if that was to happen. News Corp would only gut the news department and make it worse.