Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I wonder if those end graphics will be the new ‘News update end graphic’ during news updates with the new Mission theme playing when Mitchell and Ferguson return.

Leo, thanks for interpreting my thoughts on the promo on my behalf. To answer your question, No. I didn’t ‘not’ like anything about the promo. 'The way Melbourne was pronounced, Peter’s awkward turn and the word ‘Frankston’ is not ‘everything’ but good try.

I loved the mission theme, the graphics, the emphasis on the decades of service he’s completed during his tenure at Seven. Loved most of it. Minus the three points above.

A relaunch is looming.

Thanks for touching base, Leo.

Yeah, I think that Melbourne’s version of the promo actually works well and will probably resonate better with your average viewer at home. Mind you, it probably helps that Peter Mitchell has been at Seven News since 1988 and presenting on weeknights since Late 2000 so would’ve covered many major stories over that time.

In contrast, Mark Ferguson has only been at Seven since 2009 and well…they wouldn’t exactly be willing to highlight the 15 years or so that Fergo spent at Nine, would they? If you ask me, the tug at the heartstrings style of promo for Mark Ferguson in Sydney almost comes across as some sort of desperate “one last chance to make this work before we consider bringing Mel in” attempt.

1 Like

Do think Mel will take over at some point? For some reason I don’t see Seven giving it to her. I feel Reason will be considered first. They’ve cleverly sneaked him in most of the Fergo promos anyway. From the ‘Plus 7 News app’ to reporting and speaking directly with Ferguson in most promos.

Interesting one SydneyCity. Watch this space I guess!

Haha not interpreting your thoughts on your behalf, I replied to what you said above… I never said ‘everything’, I said ‘anything’ because most of your reply was in the negative against the positive. I personally don’t have a problem with how Melbourne was said, sounded pretty normal to me. But as a forum I understand we all will have our opinions.
I guess I was just was expecting a more positive and thankful response considering I was delayed in uploading it for you.

I think graphically the Sydney one looks better, but content and substance definitely is in the favour of the Melbourne one. They do need to change the end shot of Peter though I do agree. He did one of those shots back in 2013 for an end board and it just doesn’t look right. Maybe he needs to be lit more and the camera zoomed out a bit.

1 Like

Thank you for uploading but don’t take my interpretation of Melbourne’s promo personally. You just uploaded it, you didn’t create it.

So you wanted a thank you before I voiced my opinion? Sure, Thank you :grinning:

I always thought Sydney somehow one up’s Melbourne in promos for news. That goes for Nine Sydney too.

Melbourne’s is way better, although I don’t think pressing the main anchor should be a promo. There is more than one person who presents on Seven News- the weekend newsreader (always forgotten), the sports presenter, the weather presenter and the reporters. It is very hard to find a promo based on the anchor unless they’re the “returning” promos.

[quote=“Leostar, post:69, topic:103”]
They do need to change the end shot of Peter though I do agree. He did one of those shots back in 2013 for an end board and it just doesn’t look right. Maybe he needs to be lit more and the camera zoomed out a bit.
[/quote] It might help if the endtag isn’t so long. Mark didn’t look too much better so maybe have a clip of the city during " (City) is making the switch…" and then obviously the presenter once their name is announced. [quote=“antonio1987, post:68, topic:103”]
Do think Mel will take over at some point? For some reason I don’t see Seven giving it to her. I feel Reason will be considered first.
[/quote] Well, we can almost count on that in the near future, it will be Chris Reason and Melissa Doyle anchoring Seven News Sydney. I would say that Seven will do a more 4 then 3 day shift rather than the 5-2. If they wanted to stick with those themes of promos Chris is the better person as Melissa will be difficult with her 14 year tenure on Sunrise. I think a double header with both Doyle and Reason will be best as they will balance each other out. Hopefully stronger times ahead for Seven News.

No. Chris Bath took over from Roscoe. They had somewhat of a handover at the end of his last bulletin.

Yes, I believe that has been well documented.

1 Like

True. But I think he finished on a Friday and Mark read the Saturday bulletin.

1 Like

Seven weather presenter David Brown delivers forecast from memory after glitch
The Age

Definitely the best weather presenter on Australian TV.

1 Like

Special one hour edition of 7 News in Perth for the bushfires

Memory…and a handy autocue.

1 Like

[quote=“JBar, post:74, topic:103, full:true”]
Seven weather presenter David Brown delivers forecast from memory after glitchThe Age
[/quote] IIRC, Magdalena Roze use to present the weather without an autocue all the time and just used the video wall.

Also impressive. I guess that’s because they are both meteorologists which makes that easier.

1 Like

according to TvTonight, the autocue went down also.

I thought Sat has been a 1 hr edition for a while?

[quote=“JBar, post:74, topic:103”]
Seven weather presenter David Brown delivers forecast from memory after glitch
[/quote] Absolute pro and definetly one of the bests in the business. Here is the article from TV Tonight, including the weather segment, which sums the whole thing up perfectly:

1 Like

How fantastic did he handle that!
Definitely need more people like him!

Just watching the afternoon news and wondering what Perth is doing with delayed coverage of about three hours. Is WA relaying the national bulletins? Or going local all the time?