Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

So they’ve poached the EP of one of the most derided shows of 2015. A former Today Tonight reporter no less. I can’t see positive changes coming from this.

3 Likes

I also don’t think that the former EP of The Verdict and an ex-TT reporter is going to change the quality of Seven News in a positive way. Probably the opposite, if anything.

2 Likes

It’s Weekend Sunrise, utterly irrelevant.

Yes my post was referring to Weekend Sunrise and by extension, Sunrise with reference to Sarah as the link was referring to.

Will take it to the correct thread.

Some caps of tonight’s bulletin.

2 Likes

Please remove post.

That’s from 8th Feb 2009, SydneyCity is saying November 2009, which I believe he is correct. What’s your point?

1 Like

That’s a lot of effort to go to to be so off track :grin:

I’ve read that reply wrong. I thought it originally had 2008.

That twitter logo is obsolete by a few years…

A good fit for television news, then.

1 Like

That social media promo/graphic is more than 3 years old. The Facebook and twitter logos are now both out of date, ad well as the full screen they show of the site at the start of that promo.

Also, has managed to cap the new style presenter promo for Peter Mitchell, will post soon.

Who cares if it’s from NBC or CBS or TRC or WTF. Sounds horrid.

Really? You think it’s horrid. Oh well everyone is entitled to express what they think. Whether it’s fact or not.

Certainly doesn’t sound horrid to me. I quite like it.

I just saw the Peter Mitchell 2016 promo with the Mission theme. The wording used for Mitchell is actually more relevant and actually creates an overall better promo than the Ferguson one. But gee…How close do they zoom into Mitchell’s head at the end. Almost like his head will hit the camera. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll leave the uploading of that to one of the professionals. I am a little technologically challenged.

The promo for Peter Mitchell here in Melbourne.
Its funny, a lot of that presenting footage has probably been ripped from Youtube.

1 Like

I don’t like how the voiceover said ‘Melbourne’ at the end. Now watching it, it seemed less emotional than Ferguson’s, but Mitchell’s experience demonstrated in this promo surpasses Ferguson’s. Fergo’s ‘turn around and look at the camera’ scene was far more natural than Mitchell’s. Mitchell struggles with those camera scenes I’ve noticed. I also hate that the word ‘Frankston’ was used in the promo…Eurggh. Northcote anyday! :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness, I smell a relaunch!

Is the font used on that news promo the same as that used on the “Feb 1” promos?

1 Like

Seems to be!

You’ll also notice that Melbourne version doesn’t have the light flare going across the top of the box that Peter’s name is in at the start. Also the end graphic that has his name in, has no gloss and is just a basic gradient.

So its been done separate from the Sydney one.

So after all that fuss about it being up you don’t like anything about it aside that Peter has been in the job longer?

I think it has been established that there will be at least a minor graphical relaunch, its pretty obvious with these promos.