Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Seen it just then in Adelaide. It’s as if they were meant to stick it on the other side

[quote=“Wade, post:780, topic:103, full:true”]
Seen it just then in Adelaide. It’s as if they were meant to stick it on the other side
[/quote] I would say it was the cameraman’s error. He should have moved Angie to the right not left. In anyone wanted to know for a number of weeks now, about a month, Queensland receives Adelaide’s feed with Seven News at Five from 4.28 on Saturdays. On Sundays, The Chase is 60 minutes in Queensland from 4.30-5.30.

1 Like

Footy Show fallout the top story on 7 News Melbourne tonight…

Also, Jen Keyte crossed to Mark Riley in the Melbourne newsroom tonight… Something a bit different.

I thought Jen was talking to Mark Riley in Sydney.

Daresay he’d be in Melbourne as he’s on Insiders tomorrow on ABC.

Jeez, Seven Melbourne are still using the same social media promo from 2011 with the old music.

1 Like

It was the Melbourne newsroom

The Pulse of Perth has now been updated to feature the new theme.

I’ve been having a close look at both Seven and Nine News in Queensland this week and the difference between the two bulletins is becoming more and more glaringly obvious. Story selection wise and even bulletin layout is very similar. They both get great footage and both have their respective exclusives.

What’s setting Nine apart is the delivery of the news. Nine’s is a fast paced, concise and a swift looking presentation. Sevens on the other hand is dragged out, very slow and a stilted presentation. A prime example was tonight. Both networks ran Federal Politics stories 2 or 3 in their bulletins. Nine’s ran about 1.40 or so. Sevens on the other hand ran well over 3 minutes. Christ no one wants to watch 3 minutes of politics, especially on a weekend. Don’t get me wrong, it was extremely informative, more so than Nine’s but I got everything I needed from Nine’s package in half the time seven presented theirs. Seven’s made me look at my watch.

Put simply 7 are boring their viewers. Bill nor Sharron are the problem at all, it’s merely the dragged out nature of the bulletin that’s the major area for concern and one that needs to be addressed.

Anyway just my 2cents worth.

4 Likes

[quote=“Read_It_First, post:788, topic:103”]
What’s setting Nine apart is the delivery of the news. Nine’s is a fast paced, concise and a swift looking presentation. Sevens on the other hand is dragged out, very slow and a stilted presentation.
[/quote] I do agree that Nine’s bulletins are concise and fast paced. As for Seven News Queensland, I only receive a 30 minute bulletin which is very brief, choppy and not even worth watching. Another example of Nine News’ pace is their live crosses. IIRC, I haven’t seen this style I am going to talk about on the weekend before but definitely during the week. During the report, they will do the traditional story then live cross to the reporter then after that a LIVE graphic appears with the new reporter with a brief question about another story. I haven’t be able to put my finger on whether I like it but they do cover a tremendous amount of news in the 30 minutes I watch. I will record an example in the Nine News Content thread next week. [quote=“Read_It_First, post:788, topic:103”]
Put simply 7 are boring their viewers. Bill nor Sharron are the problem at all, it’s merely the dragged out nature of the bulletin that’s the major area for concern and one that needs to be addressed.
[/quote] I think that is a major issue with all Seven News bulletins- the content. In Melbourne, they are number 2 regularly during the week however, I never hear many complaints about Peter Mitchell as an anchor. IMO, the presenters are one of the top reason why viewers watch or don’t watch, so they do play an important factor. Bill and Sharyn are pretty good anchors, Bill was great on Ten and Sharyn was brilliant on the weekends, however I think the main issue with most members, I assume, is the moral of the situation. If Bill and Sharyn remained on the weekends and then become the weeknight presenters when Kay and Rod resigned or retired, we wouldn’t be complaining. But ditching Queensland best news anchor duo for a less experienced, less trusted, second class is just wrong. The same happened in Seven News Sydney.

3 Likes

I’d agree with you. I can never really see a big difference between the two in Brisbane. Maybe the ‘faster’ nature of stories on 9 Brisbane is why I always get this ‘tabloid’ impression of their news. So if 7 is spending longer on individual stories, does that mean 9 covers more topics or repeats stories during the bulletin?

Poor Jen Keyte doesn’t even get her own update ender anymore… They run the weekday update ender all week now days… Bit stupid.

Also, looks like Jane Bunn is now presenting weather Sunday nights as well.

2 Likes

I’ll have to check on this whenever I get the chance, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they do something similar here knowing how Mark Ferguson is practically the face of Seven News Sydney (indeed, Channel Seven Sydney) these days!

Sounds like she’s being Chrised.

Has anybody seen an updated Mel Doyle ender in Sydney yet?

Melbourne just used the previous news theme on the 5.55pm update… Odd.

3 Likes

Hmm… Maybe they’ve gotten sick of hearing it over and over again? :wink: But seriously, was there any purpose or thinking when changing the theme? Did they just change it to silence our complaints of a 12 year old theme still being used in their News Department? :stuck_out_tongue: Very out of place to just change one element of their News Service… :confused:

1 Like

Personally, I think the new theme sounds fine…only on the promos. It just doesn’t work on news updates or during full bulletins IMO.

4 Likes

I agree with that as well. It’s a welcome change, but I feel it doesn’t match with the format of the bulletin.

2 Likes

Don’t like the new theme at all, it sounds to opera like. It just makes me want to switch to Nine news. And have done so.

I think that the new theme was kind of needed and is a reasonable improvement to the old theme. Bringing back the old sounds of ‘The Mission’ was a great decision in my opinion, although something similar to 1999-2004 would of been absolutely amazing.

But Seven really needs a COMPLETE overhaul in their news service. Ridiculous how they’re make small changes here and there.

2 Likes