Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

If they hadn’t tampered with it in the first place Rod and Kay would still be comfortably number one.

5 Likes

Simple solution, backflip on the newsreader changes made 2 years ago.

1 Like

It is so obvious, I can’t understand why it hasn’t happened before now. There isn’t a clearer example in the country at the moment where a change of presenters would alter the ratings - it isn’t conjecture or opinion, it’s a close to a proven fact as you can get - Brisbane liked Kay and Rod a LOT more than Sharyn and Bill.

5 Likes

Actually, the switch in Queensland happened three years ago now. :wink:

Nonetheless, I agree that a backflip can and should be made. If only the same thing could still be said about Sydney! * sigh *

3 Likes

Yikes time flies. Insane decision making in Brisbane and Sydney.

2 Likes

Interesting that the 5:58 pm update for Adelaide had a ticker and a different transition.

Adelaide opener (w/ Jane Doyle) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6vy5nQW_1c

There has been a lot of reaction in the Sunrise area about the ratings for Sunrise this week where Today is ahead by an average of 11,000 so far.

In contrast to that are the numbers this week (inc Sunday) for Seven News. The bulletin has won 4 out of 5 days so far by an average of 55,000 and lost the 5th by 2,000.

Interesting this is mentioned today, when last night 7News Brisbane beat 9 comprehensively in both half hours. First time in a long time. H&A also beat ACA once again.

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:759, topic:103”]
According to the Courier Mail, rumours suggest that 7 Brisbane News room might be in for some changes.
[/quote] Here is an article, free from subscription. As for presenters and reporters, they are pretty good, just as equal to Nine News Brisbane. However, a few shuffles must be made. Obviously Rod, Kay and Pat I would return as the main presenters alongside meteorologist Tony Auden would be the ultimate and most important move/change. I hope with the reported visit by MacPherson means a new set.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure 7 is No.1 across Queensland, it’s only No.2 in Brisbane. Is that correct?

I believe that’s what the slogans suggest. Brisbane’s #1 for Nine versus Queensland’s #1 for Seven.

Seven is very strong in the regions.

And 7 only shows a 30 minute version of the Brisbane news at 6.30 in regional Queensland after local news at 6pm

3 Likes

[quote=“spw68, post:770, topic:103”]
I’m pretty sure 7 is No.1 across Queensland, it’s only No.2 in Brisbane. Is that correct?
[/quote] Nine is No. 1 in South East Queensland, especially in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast. But as @TV.Cynic mentioned, SLN is probably the main reason as to why 7 News Queensland is number.1 in regional areas.

New graphics? With the previously spotted logo.

R…re…relaun c h

1 Like

It’s less visually offensive, but Three different hues of light blue looks shit.

They need to change the backing graphics behind the plasmas to something deeper and incorporate some white lighting for contrast. Work some red in as a feature colour on the plasma graphics.

3 Likes

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I think that “promo logo” for Seven News looks awful especially with the shadowing/gradient of the 7 almost looking like part of it has been cut off or something.

If Seven want a new logo for the news, they should replace the font with something completely new (rather than simply a thicker version of the current font) and for consistency, use the newer 2D red Seven logo that’s used in the current On-Air Presentation package for the main channel.

3 Likes

I second this. They need to be consistent with the Seven logo. Sunrise has adopted it in their graphics, Seven should do the same with their News department. As for the logo itself, a new look should be created. The Square/Eurostile font has run its course for the past 12 years, a new one is in order. Hopefully it doesn’t just look like a font change, and something new :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bit of a blooper on 7’s 5pm bulletin. OTS graphic appeared over Angie Asimus face as she attempted to present a story.

2 Likes