Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

The them isn’t going anywhere. Even if Seven was getting complains left right and centre from it they wouldn’t change it. There is no way they would do that twice.

1 Like

That was a major relaunch. 7 moved to Martin Place the day after the conclusion of the 2004 games in Athens.

I did say it was a major relaunch.

Not sure if this means anything by this point, but in a National Evening News Update, one of the stories were using the newer revised 7NEWS logo as a watermark, apposed to the current style white watermark.

New:

Current:

1 Like

It was the same at 6pm. Just another random inconsistency.

Yep, and I had just checked the Seven Local News Toowoomba Facebook page, and they are still using the previous 2004 theme for updates, as are Prime and GWN7 for the full bulletin. :cold_sweat: If Seven really wanted this to work, they should of done a complete roll-out for all services. Very inconsistent with the old theme still being used in other news bulletins. :unamused:

7 local news is currently using the exact same theme and graphics package as 7 news.

Not sure what you saw?

There are updates made behind the scenes by reporters, that are shown exclusively on the Facebook page to update followers. They probably haven’t been sourced the new theme yet :confused:

The side panels in Sydney are blue tonight rather than red, definitely looks a bit more in keeping with the rest of the set.

7 Likes

But why is the set predominately in blue when Seven’s main colour is red? * facepalm *

8 Likes

Jim Wilson could be mistaken for sitting in the Ten news studio if it wasn’t for the 7 News watermark.

7 Likes

You could say the same thing about Mark Ferguson, if it wasn’t Mark Ferguson…

A strange new integrated ad aired in the place of the second break in Sydney tonight. They now skip the first break altogether with a normal break after 6:20pm then this minute long thing about five minutes later.

5 Likes

Brisbane’s is blue too.

why can’t Jim Wilson get a suit that is fitted to him?

Anyone know the current 7 news logo font?

I’m pretty sure it’s some variant of Square Extended.

1 Like

Ah that’s the one!
I knew it before but somehow the font was removed from my computer. Cheers :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is also another font called Eurostile Extended :slight_smile:

1 Like

According to the Courier Mail, rumours suggest that 7 Brisbane News room might be in for some changes.

While the station’s stars, Kendall Gilding and Sharyn Ghidella, are said to be safe in the turbulent times, Seven Brisbane news director Neil Warren is rumoured to be on the outer with some.

The moves are said to be an attempt to salvage the local news, which is the state’s No.2 bulletin behind arch rival Nine.

Managing director of Seven Brisbane Max Walters denied that there was any truth to the rumours.

Channel 7 Queensland said to be next target for network changes.

1 Like