Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I believe that Prime7/GWN7 News were still using the old music as of last week.

Melbourne opener:

2 Likes

They aired a promo for the Anita Cobby program Monday at 9pm. It had really good production values and looked very professional. Only, it neglected to give any info on what time or what channel it would be on!

I do like the ideas of these program specials but maybe they’d be better suited to something like Sunday Night, which should still be under the 7News brand (if that’s what they’re looking to build). When does that return?!

1 Like

They have actually been promoting the hell out of it on the channel since last week. 9pm Monday.

Early News promo

5 Likes

Was hoping for a change to graphics on 7 news Sydney tonight but alas no. I strongly believe this is going to be a very long year for 7 news, McPherson has failed to make any impressive changes in Sydney and Friday night ratings were horrendous. The format, general presentation and Mark Ferguson are all very weak. It’s frustrating knowing what 7 news once was…

2 Likes

Ahh…but you see, Seven don’t need that for they have The Chase Australia as a lead-in! :wink:

But seriously, if the lead-in program is all that can boost the numbers of the news service then Seven News Sydney still has major issues that need to be addressing! What about those ratings in Sydney for the 6.30pm half…and on weekends…and during the Australian Open when in theory more eyeballs than usual should’ve been on Seven?!

I’m sorry, but the “near enough is good enough” strategy can only work so much and for so long. Seven News should be aiming to get to #1 in the ratings because of more than just the lead-in program!

2 Likes

As SydneyCityTV has said previously, I would hope Seven will take the opportunity to relaunch their news service during the Rio Olympics as many elements have stayed since the previous overhaul in 2004. With so many people watching the Olympics on “Australia’s Olympic Network” in August, that would be the perfect opportunity promote the change. But the recent changes, we can only wait. :confused:

1 Like

Remember in August 2004, Seven relaunched everything in their news service right after the conclusion of the Athen’s games. Here’s hoping history will repeat itself. Or we’ll probably be waiting till at least 2017!

5 Likes

Like almost everyone else, I really hope there’s a more extensive On-Air Presenation relaunch after the Rio Olympics. But knowing the track record of Seven News over the past few years, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re stuck with the current news graphics until about Early 2017! :confounded:

Well I’m quite sure that Seven won’t be launching a new Sydney/national set or theme music until around Tokyo 2020 or later! :wink:

3 Likes

This was the perfect news set for Martin Place - pity we don’t have something similar. Clean lines - made excellent use of the space and streetscape.

1 Like

My words exactly. The 04 Martin Place set was simple but elegant. Not too many features to feel overwhelming, just the right amount.

Does anyone know when ATN replaced the original Martin Place set with the ‘twisted metal’ one?

If I’m not mistaken, the set was changed to the “twisted metal” one on February 8, 2005 which is incidentally 11 years ago tomorrow! :wink:

4 Likes

So where you right? Did the theme last only 5 days as you suggested? I haven’t seen the news today at all.

No the theme music launched last Monday is still in use. However knowing Seven News, I still don’t think it will last too long! :wink:

1 Like

I have a theory as to why the newer Seven News logo was projected on the new desk before the reveal. They may have been testing it for the Anita Cobby report since the colours were duller. Only just a thought.

1 Like

The Anita special didn’t include any studio segments.

Then it remains a mystery then… :confused:

I think this theme is with u s for a few years