Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

The Twitter names have also been updated to “7NEWS (Location)” whereas before I think it was “Seven News (Location)”. Either way, the handles have long been @7NewsSydney, etc.

Is there any strategy behind this slight rebrand on social media?

4 Likes

I know its only a little change but I’d say there is some sort of rebrand in the cards with the new website coming soon.

Haven’t seen this website promotion before either

11 Likes

Agree. The other one was completely pointless as nothing was going on in the background. Essentially defeats the purpose of having a live shot if you are just going to have a zoom in on skyscrapers!

1 Like

This would be due to the relaunch of 7news.com.au - which is expected soon.

6 Likes

Anyone know if this is new? Seen at 5:55pm after the newsbreak and return to “The Chase”.

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s been that way since the February 2016 relaunch which was when the current “The Mission” theme was launched, but it could’ve been during the main relaunch in August of that year.

2 Likes

Why is the opening music with the title-card so poorly edited its not even the regional version.They take almost 10 seconds after the V/o to get to the presenter with the first story… I know its minor but I find it so tacky

Minute to minutes for Sydney last night:

Might be an idea to extend David Brown’s weather segment.

2 Likes

A new 7 News website has launched.

9 Likes

Very impressed with some of the content on the website, some of graphics are well constructed too (especially the On Assignment graphics). Shame some of it hasn’t been transferred to the 6PM news yet.

On Assignment: With Hugh Whitfeld

Canberra Catch-Up: With Mylee Hogan

Inspiring Australia: With Nick McCallum

10 Likes

The on assignment graphics as well as the super for Hugh should be the bulletins new look IMO. They look great!

6 Likes

“On Assignment” reminds me of American news affiliates who have a nightly special feature, it would be interesting to incorporate it as a segment of the 6PM bulletins, or maybe even The Latest.

On another note, it’s a nice little feature for the site banner to be localised to each metro capital. Hobart and Darwin get a presenter-free banner.

4 Likes

“On Assignment” reminds me of Walter Cronkite’s boat and this:

14%20PM

4 Likes

And this… Was kinda hoping 10 would pick up on the concept as I made mocks about it late last year but obviously 7 got it now.

3 Likes

Nice to see them finally have a separate website that isn’t Yahoo co-branded. Long time coming.

3 Likes

Another Podcast series from 7 News.

2 Likes

Channel Seven breaches children’s privacy

Channel Seven Melbourne Pty Ltd breached the Commercial Television Code of Practice in Seven News and Sunday Night episodes broadcast on 5 July and 5 August 2018.

An Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) investigation has found broadcasts containing mobile phone footage of alleged schoolyard bullying invaded the privacy of several children.

‘Public interest issues, including school bullying, can, and indeed should, be explored on news and current affairs programs. In this case it was inappropriate to disclose children’s personal information,’ said ACMA Chair Nerida O’Loughlin.

The licensee exercised some care by not naming the children and attempting to blur their faces, however the footage was highly sensitive as it identified children engaged in anti-social and violent behaviour.

‘Broadcasters must exercise special care when dealing with children. It is not good enough for broadcasters to assume that footage is in the public domain and can be broadcast just because it is on social media,’ said Ms O’Loughlin.

The ACMA has requested Seven remove copies of the mobile phone footage from its website and social media pages. Seven will also bring the breach to the attention of its staff and include it in future code training.

The ACMA considers these will be appropriate responses by the licensee to this breach under the co-regulatory framework for commercial television broadcasting.

2 Likes

7 News prominently displayed on Fraser Anning’s Facebook page.

1 Like

I’d really like to know if the Brexit countdown clock made a reappearance since SydneyCityTV took this screenshot seventeen days ago. What happened when the clock ran down to zero? Did confetti and balloons fall from the rafters and did Fergo let off a party popper and blow into one of those noisy blowout party favour things?

10 Likes

Well, since the can full of sprinkles was kicked back to at least 12 April, they’ll probably have to trot it out again at some point.