Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Somethings wrong with the backdrop camera looks like crap atm! They need a new camera :joy: looks 50p quality

Hearing the new theme music on 7 Local News here in Townsville tonight, I don’t think too many people around this area who tune in will be all that pleased.

A chance of theme music doesn’t seem to work while the graphics are all still the same.
If the graphics had all been updated, sure new music would complement that change.

But for the bulletins without new sets, it just looks like a weird and unnecessary change for the average viewer.

Oh dear.

2 Likes

Certain angles of the set look great, and I believe that this is one of those angles :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I thought it sounded better than Brisbane’s though! Clip coming up.

1 Like

It’s hard to break old habits though, he wasn’t very successful at Nine - and that’s clearly carried across

1 Like

Did you video Seven Local News did you?

Seven Local News got a better opener than Brisbane IMO.

7 Likes

Awesome

That Adelaide opener is much more polished! Good to see a headline bed after the introductory sequence.

[quote=“Wade, post:571, topic:103, full:true”]
And also have the new VO. Live from our Brisbane headquarters - this is Seven News with Sharyn Ghidella and Bill McDonald
[/quote] The same V/O guy as Sydney.[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:574, topic:103, full:true”]
Wasn’t too impressed when I heard the Brisbane opener. Theme doesn’t seem loud enough or the sound effects were too loud.
[/quote] I wanted them get a V/O but this one sounds awful, and I think the V/O suits Sydney better.[quote=“antonio1987, post:572, topic:103”]
I have to say that Sydney set looks amazing. The colour scheme is sharp and very professional. Ferguson looks great as an anchor against that set and backdrop. The theme is great. Very ‘Mission’ Back to tradition and what the Mission should be. Graphics are the same unfortunately. I think in the near future they will change. I think Fergo needs to own his role more. Get rid of that shyness and own that studio (it’s something that can be learned) I disagree with removing him as anchor. He can do it.
[/quote] All I am going to say is that I disagree. I am not going to change your opinion, because if you told me something I said was wrong I would get angry and argumentative. But as @Wade said, why Seven would put him on after his dismal time at 9, the replace their top anchor with Mr. Unpopular is beyond my comprehension.[quote=“BJT2, post:577, topic:103, full:true”]
I don’t mind the set. Some elements could be changed. ( I do support the idea of a live background though)
Good to hear the old Mission theme return.
I would prefer the old voice over, but I’m sure we’ll get use to it.
Regarding the graphics, is it possible Seven didn’t implement them at the last minute for some reason? We might see them updated next week.
Melbourne will most likely update their set to mirror Sydney’s within the next 6 months. Interesting to see how they do their take on it.
[/quote] Here we are nit-picking at Sunrise new set when it is leaps and bounds better that this Sydney set. But yes @BJT2, Melbourne will definitely get a new set within a few months, and I think Brisbane will too by the start of next year. Parts of the set aren’t too bad, but overall just inconsistent all round. Can’t say I was disappointed :wink:

[quote=“Abesty, post:541, topic:103, full:true”]
Weather still chroma keyed
[/quote] And I expect with the new set, it will be permanent.

[quote=“TV.Cynic, post:585, topic:103, full:true”]
Seven Local News got a better opener than Brisbane IMO.
[/quote] Strangely enough, SLN is one of the best done.

2 Likes

Not with that logo on the front of the Sydney desk. Any change to the graphics will be so minor that it makes no sense at all to launch them separately.

What I can’t wrap my head around is that this bulletin comes out of the same studio and is produced (or at least lead/overseen) by the same people who delivered a hugely creative, fresh, innovative and energetic breakfast show just a few hours ago.

Seven needed to pull a Sunrise this evening and they didn’t. I can’t figure out why it didn’t happen.

6 Likes

Agreed

2 Likes

Overton and co at Nine must be shaking in their shoes. A new set and theme music is going to have people flocking to Seven in droves!

5 Likes

Set looks good, Theme good. Anchor and GFX still crap. Prefer the voiceover on Melbournes opener to Sydney. Sydney has that massive screen across the studio for sunrise, why can’t they use that for weather???

1 Like

It’s the same bloke doing the VO’s

I know, but it sounds better on Melbournes. I think the theme is stronger when it plays in Melbourne. Sydney sounds a bit weak

1 Like

Maybe

The best VO is on the SLN version of the opener. It actually sounds like that opener and the theme were designed together rather than separately like all the other openers I’ve seen.

They should put together a new titlecard in Sydney and do something similar.

3 Likes

Could be worse, they could not use the Mission at all and change to “Nobody Knows News like Seven”. They will update to the new mission tonight :slightly_smiling: