Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

7 Likes

They’re human, not a robot like someone in Sydney.

1 Like

Of course it would be; most Seven News graphics like this are used across the board for the right stories.

At the end of 5pm news today.

20 Likes

You’re always on the ball @SamSamTV!
Saw it live but it happened so quick I didn’t think anyone would manage to cap it :grin:

8 Likes

Haha, thanks. :slight_smile: I recorded it at the time so I went back and took some screenshots of it but I can’t upload the bulletin because the audio is out of sync.

8 Likes

It was cut from the Adelaide feed, which also airs live in Queenslands on Saturdays.

4 Likes

Major error on Seven News Sydney just now. A story on graffiti was meant to play but instead a story on Prince Harry & Meghan Markle’s wedding began to be played. Oops…

Michael handled this like a true professional and just decided to go to the Prince Harry & Meghan Markle story first before the grafitti story.

I hope someone recorded this.

1 Like

Someone needs to get onto finding that 2.06 headline track…

2 Likes

Interest Rates:

5 Likes

Somebody doesn’t know the past tense of pay…

17 Likes

literacy should be the essential criteria for anyone that writes TV captions. More and more we’re seeing that is far from reality

4 Likes

I’ve been told by some of the younger people I work with that spelling isn’t important. As long as the message is communicated clearly and effectively it doesn’t matter if a few letters are out of place.They say this to me with a straight face. I don’t know where they get this shit from because I’ve seen my twelve year old nephew’s homework book with spelling words copied each day and the teachers in my family insist that it is being taught.

8 Likes

I’ll run this one past my communications lecturer next week and see how hard he laughs

4 Likes

The young people you work with are making up excuses for their poor literacy.

Today I had an article published in a local paper I work for and I found out that my sub editor stuffed up the editing and managed to put a whopping great mistake in the first fucking sentence. I’m the one who looks like an idiot because my name is attached to the article.

10 Likes

maybe at Channel 7… but I know for a fact that at Ten - Brisbane at least - they constantly check grammar and spelling for mistakes and will request remakes where there are mistakes.

I know of a few times where graphics have not gone to air because they couldn’t be fixed in time.

3 Likes

I’d take that over the times I’ve had factual errors inserted into pieces.

2 Likes

Here is tonight’s Seven News Sydney… Very different to Nine… Noticed half of the elements are still in SD compared to Nine.

5 Likes

It has been a while since I have seen a montage of the Sydney news, so thanks. I still think the only redeeming feature is David Brown’s weather.

But it was a very awkward ending:

David Brown: "And welcome back Mel."
Mel: (Oh,is this the so called AD-LIB/banter that they talk of?)
Fergo: (Um, this is awkward. Did Brownie just think Melissa Doyle replaced me on Seven News like she deserves. I will just pretend like nothing happened).
Mel and Fergo simultaneously: "Thank you Brownie."
Fergo: (Ah, he was talking to Mel the sports presenter. Now I look dumb again. Damn it!)

15 Likes

Excellent albeit fake commentary. :rofl:

1 Like