Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

No he didn’t

1 Like

Thought it might be the case for those of us in Prime7 land, just checked the EPG and no Early News anymore. Just Sunrise from 5.30am. I wondered whether Prime would do this, as they haven’t run any promotion for the changes starting from tomorrow.

The Early News should still be aired in regional areas though!!

1 Like

For the second time in a week I’ve noticed 7 Brisbane use a different “live” transition when talking to a reporter on location. It was horizontal bars, white, blue and orange I think (it went very quickly) and “live” across the middle band. Different from the one they used to transition to the reporter from the host.

1 Like

This afternoon around 5pm, they were filming the end tag promo for Mark Ferguson on the new set.

The reflective black floor has returned and the shortly after these shots were taken the current Morning/Afternoon news globe background was projected onto the screens suggesting there will be no real change at all.

9 Likes

Looks almost identical to 10 News Sydney’s backdrop. And they persist with something that isn’t reflective of conditions outside? Don’t hold out great hopes for the news set.

3 Likes

I now see some colour with the red highlights @pelican and @KVZ! :smiley:

Eugh. I assumed that Google Images backdrop was just for testing the screens. Looks cheap and clashes with the light blues in the set.

Was also hoping those light blues would be backlit by blue LED and thus look darker and more vibrant when lit, but they just look the same. Those bright red grilles also look cheap and, frankly, weird.

This ain’t an audience-shifter and there’s no sign of any brand renewal or repositioning? Why bother?

I have a feeling GFX are not going to change. Just the set.

Total missed opportunity if I am right as I fear.

4 Likes

This might affect the positives of Sunrise. Everyone will probably love what they’ve done to Sunrise but then all the attention will turn to the elephant in the room - Seven News. No point having an awesome looking breakfast show if the main product of News and Current Affairs is a dogs breakfast. If Today can pull off their relaunch next week really well, this might all be in vein.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t want to have to put up with another year of the current (and not particularly fantastic looking) Seven News graphics. It would be a total mis-match to have the current graphics and a newer looking set I think.

Lets hope you’re wrong with that prediction!

I daresay that next week’s relaunch of Today will be a bit more minor than everyone would like, but you’re probably right!

This was used to cross to reporter number 1

Then this was used to cross to a 2nd reported (from the first)

I’ve seen both “LIVE” transitions used in Sydney before.

Both identical from the perspective of the average viewer, neither very good.

4 Likes

Thanks. I’d seen the first one many times but not the second. Would never have noticed ‘seven news’ written across the bottom under ‘live’…that’s tiny

So they use two Live transitions currently?

Why.

1 Like

It should. SLN regions seem to have it on, maybe Prime just hasn’t updated it yet. Here is the endtag promoting the new Seven Early News at 5am. The mission theme featured in the Seven News Sydney/Melbourne promo was the soundtrack.

3 Likes

[quote=“David, post:441, topic:103, full:true”]
This might affect the positives of Sunrise. Everyone will probably love what they’ve done to Sunrise but then all the attention will turn to the elephant in the room - Seven News. No point having an awesome looking breakfast show if the main product of News and Current Affairs is a dogs breakfast. If Today can pull off their relaunch next week really well, this might all be in vein.
[/quote] Completely agree. Sunrise and The Morning Show are really polished, state of the art sets, while 7 News’ looks bad and cheap and mock like. But what do you expect. Same or similar graphics, slight modifications, just unprofessional. [quote=“SydneyCityTV, post:442, topic:103”]
I daresay that next week’s relaunch of Today will be a bit more minor than everyone would like, but you’re probably right!
[/quote] I know, I wish it would be as extensive as Sunrise but it won’t. However, if Nine News, ACA relaunch too, Nine could be the ones better off.

1 Like

I’d say a green screen. Too complicated to use the main set and there’s no point for a single wide shot at 5am.

[quote=“pelican, post:447, topic:103, full:true”]
So they use two Live transitions currently?

Why.[/quote]

In Sydney the flying transition is used when going from the studio to a reporter (ie “XYZ joins us now live…”) while the bands transition is used when going straight to a reporter at the end of their story (which I think is only done in Sydney).

It looks like the Brisbane control room have just come across a new button and thought “hmm, what does this do”.

2 Likes

The Early News will be in Sydney from Tuesday, with it coming out of Melbourne tomorrow.

But yeah, I have to agree that the Early News will probably just be presented from a green screen in the newsroom as it always has been. The viewers awake at 5am probably couldn’t care less about what backdrop is used on the Early News! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Basil Zempilas will be back tomorrow and has confirmed changes to the Perth set are coming thanks to this tweet: https://twitter.com/BasilZempilas/status/693747178976620544

EDIT: I only meant minor changes sorry to confuse