Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

He didn’t actually say there would changes only he was back for the 4.30 & 6pm news

3 Likes

Yeh - the change to the set as of tomorrow - is that Baz is back. Reading way too much into everything.

3 Likes

Considering that the virtual set was only introduced last year and considering Seven Perth’s track record (sets launched in Perth back in 2004 and 2010 continued to be used long after the Eastern States moved onto newer set designs), I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 2020 or later before Perth receives another new set!

Just make the background a live shot

1 Like

I didn’t mean a brand new set, I just thought little changes here and there (logo graphic on screen). Sorry to confuse :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Only less than 24 hours to go until we find out if we again stuck with the current look for at least 6 months. I think the new set is the only changes that are going to happen. I was hoping that the mission will be changed to something similar to what we see in the promos with much darker colours in use for the graphics. With the logo on the desk I think there will be no changes.

Better off to watch 9 News and see if there is any changes as it’s more likely than Seven News.

He’s saying that the change is the he will be back. Nothing about the set.

Someone had asked him and I thought that was his answer. Didn’t mean to confuse, or excite anyone :cold_sweat:

Live shot being used before a break on the Early News:

1 Like

Morning news from Melbourne. Will be interesting to see what happens for the Afternoon news…

Funny VO though, “This is Seven Morning News” in the voice of the old VO guy from 2012 then “With Nick Etchels” in the current VO guy. Heh

2 Likes

Hopefully the last time we’ll see these graphics.

2 Likes

Don’t hold your breath. I have a sneaking suspicion that a relaunch will be after Rio, time will tell though.

6pm national re-launch tonight then?

Leostar, that would be the legend John Deeks & Nicholas McKay.

Obviously they had the ‘Seven Morning News’ (older V/O - Deeks) but not the new.

Yet the had Nick Etchells V/O with the newer guy (McKay).

At the end of the bulletin, there was a hint that we might be seeing a Melbourne-produced bulletin for the Afternoon News with Nick Etchells saying that “we’ll see you (Jane Bunn) then” after the weather. Maybe that’s just a reference to the local Afternoon News for Melbourne, but make of that what you will.

That was rather dodgy, I might have to upload a clip of that! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I remember Sydney did that in 2003 with Ian Ross’ first bulletin.

( Matthew O’Sullivan) This is Seven News…(2003 - 2012 Voice over guy)…with Ian Ross.

[quote=“LukeMovieMan, post:466, topic:103”]
Leostar, that would be the legend John Deeks & Nicholas McKay.
[/quote] John Deeks hasn’t done the news opener VO since the 90’s. I can’t recall the last VO guys name.

I think it was Simon Westaway…or maybe it was Bill Weaver? One of those two.

Simon did the promos… But the intros was another guy. Gah!

Looks like still a green screen, but weirdly it’s in SD now (Sydney is usually in HD including the graphics).

I thought that the updates were pre-recorded and in SD anyway.