Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

I would hope that something like that happens one day. But the presenter is not the worst problem Sydney has.

1 Like

I might be the only one who thinks this but I feel that Seven News Sydney’s quality went down when they moved to 1 hour… news was fast paced and got to the point… now it just drags on with all these stories that really should be kept for shows such as Today Tonight. It has been said Today Tonight won’t be coming back on the east coast, so my idea would be to remove all those stories such as saving money etc… and put them on a refreshed 7NEWS website where they can promote news on an online platform… something that isn’t done by others to a large extent.

4 Likes

My suggestion, shave the news back to half an hour, and move H&A to 6:30, or maybe try a new national bulletin following the 6pm news.

There did not appear to be any sport presented at all in the national 4PM bulletin today, which is rather unusual I think

The only way I can see Seven going back to half-hour bulletins is with something similar to The Project at 6:30pm and H&A moving to 7TWO.

I actually think this is something Seven should seriously consider trialling for a year on the east coast.

3 Likes

Adelaide is the only city with no afternoon news on Seven. It was done several months ago IIRC, hosted by Rosanna, due to the Adelaide Cup.

I could see an afternoon news presented by Jessica Adamson (weekend 6pm) or Rosanna if they wanted to use existing presenters, Mike Smithson also reads well when he fills-in.

Move a Logie-winning program (only because there’s nothing else to award it to) to one of the multichannels?! Preposterous! :joy:

2 Likes

Seven Adelaide has a lot of capable anchors to take over Jane and John when they retire. Much better than Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney and Perth.

2 Likes

Given that it’s 2017 and everybody is on digital now, is it really a multichannel now? It’s just another channel.

2 Likes

If Seven are clever, they will leave one of them on weekdays with a new co-anchor and relegate one to weekends. Then after a time, one of them can retire, leaving the other on weekends and two new weekday co-anchors. Easier transition on the viewer, better for viewer loyalty and similar to what happened when Graeme Goodings moved to weekends.

3 Likes

I agree. Although it is more likely that one of them might not want to continue weeknights in their final years. It’s better that they move or leave at their own will, then we can start talking about smooth transitions.

Honestly way too much news and all the stories will be like ‘join us for the full story at six’.

Perth has too many meth junkies, we don’t want people to now OD on news do we?

1 Like

TT in Perth is about 20 min already. The main weather presentation usually starts at around 6.30, so TT starts closer to 6.35. With another weather segment towards the end of TT you only have approx. 20 mins (less ads).

2 Likes

Here we go! Some Origin sledging from 2015 between Chris, Jim & Laurie Daley.

7 Likes

I think they’ll get rid of it when Sue retires and put Monika with Rick… even though Angela is a good replacement or Rick going solo. If the show is axed they really have nothing for Monika which makes sense

3 Likes

I certainly hope so!!

1 Like

Fast forward to 2017 and the banter is an awkward mess between the weekday team.

4 Likes

I agree bring back the good old 2013 days when we saw Chris & Jimmy every weeknight! Banter was priceless!

2 Likes

Thats a terrible idea.

1 Like

Perhaps it is and as much as i don’t mind watching it Today Tonight wont be around forever…

Mmm that chemistry. Loved the little Live and Free jab.

1 Like