Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

Budget update

Next update in one hour.

7 Likes

Next update was very similar (if a little blurry).

4 Likes

News special promoted for 10:40 tonight.

6 Likes

Budget special

Closed with

3 Likes

Has anyone captured the new Seven News promo using the song “The Big Picture” by London Grammar? Or not yet? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yep, will attempt to upload tonight. There are a few Melbourne variations.

2 Likes

Peter Mitchell promo:

7 Likes

What does everyone think of them? I’m very undecided. Not sure it would make me watch.

Like so many promos for Seven News in recent years, IMO it’s far too slow paced and possibly something which would leave the average viewer asking themselves “What was that all about?”.

In contrast, most Nine News promos of a similar length are tightly edited, fast paced and deliver the intended message clearer.

2 Likes

“Peter Mitchell Peter Mitchell Peter Mitchell Peter Mitchell oh and this bunch of randoms who just wandered in the studio”.

It’s pretty tragic that they feel the need to promote somebody who has been presenting the bulletin for three decades.

Can you imagine Nine doing a promo like this obsessing over Hitch? Absolutely not.

3 Likes
8 Likes

4x Peter Mitchell - 2x Peter Mitchell + 2x Jennifer Keyte = Finally a promo that is actually promoting the experience of the Melbourne news team.

You can’t compare the two sorry. “News never stops, nor does Peter Mitchell.”

The 7 promo is one word: tacky

2 Likes

Is that made up? Or is that legit?

I’m sending a complaint to Seven the minute he goes on holidays.

6 Likes

The quote is legit. It is in the post above that I replied to from nationalnews.

The other priceless quote from the promo: “Four decades on he is still going strong.”

It is laughable!

3 Likes

Oh wow, thanks. Didn’t sound professional. And to now know it is…

This isn’t quite the one I was talking about. Maybe it’s a Sydney-only promo the one I mean. It has the song “Big Picture” by London Grammar and makes references to seeing the “full picture” on 7 News. It ends with the team shot opening out from Mark in the centre. It isn’t a Fergo promo but just a general News promo.
Anyone know the one I’m talking about? :joy:

1 Like

Or when he stops at a red light, goes to sleep, or stops for a cuppa.

Note to ACA: run a story on him being a danger to society, secretly film him when he’s at home doing his life etc etc, then when he does stop bamboozle him!

3 Likes

Not defending sevens work, but merely posting something similar mate.

1 Like