Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

that problem there from Adelaide is a clear example of someone not updating the mosart template properly.

Two trailer park girls go round the outside, round the outside?

5 Likes

Wow Tosh.O is wearing a really convincing outfit.

2 Likes

What was her reaction to those numbers? I think it’s really unprofessional when they just pretend as if there are no problems
 Admit you are having technical difficulties and go with it. Otherwise it is just completely awkward.

Amelia did say something like “it wasn’t that hot last night, I can tell you that” so there is that. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Whilst it pains me to say that I’m hardly Amelia Mulcahy’s biggest fan when she presents the weather, she did handle that quite well so that’s to be commended.

1 Like

Yeah, she did :slight_smile: . It is the systems (or people?) behind the camera that are letting the bulletin slip with the recent series of glitches, not the presenters and journalists.

High rotation in Melbourne it seems for the Peter Mitchell promo currently running. Will try and grab a cap of it. It’s not a bad one if you ask me. Simple and effective like they used to do back in their dominant days of the 2000’s

3 Likes

Apologies if it’s already been mentioned, but how long have live crosses to the Sydney newsroom been in HD for? I thought that aside from the occasional live cross overseas, Seven News live crosses were all upconverted SD:

3 Likes

I bet most of Seven News Perth viewers never seen Tosh O so they can get away with it unlike Nine where their viewers are younger.

4 Likes

Almost a cliché

Autumn live backdrop

9 Likes

7 News first on the scene of a cat trapped in a door. No wonder everyone is making the switch

10 Likes

What on earth is that set

1 Like

I think it’s quite a good set. Especially when you compare it to 9 Gold Coast news

6 Likes

I guess i’m just used to NZ sets
 Which I personally think are teaching Australia a lesson

The Gold Coast is a very small market so obviously it isn’t going to be world class

and also, NZ networks have pretty much 1 news set to worry about.

4 Likes

Smaller markets in the US have better sets than Seven GC.

I still have no idea why they decided to mimic the main QLD set, when the more recent design choices at Seven in Martin Place were far better and would’ve probably cost just as much to build on the GC. IMO the Queensland set is at least a decade behind design trends.

2 Likes

And those smaller markets in the US have a lot more money than 7 news GC.

Personally I think the set is fine and quite good. But, in saying that, I don’t like the talk about sets, it’s featured for like 2 minutes in a bulletin. More of a focus on the journalistic qualities and reporting of a news service is more important IMO.

From the very little I’ve seen of the Gold Coast News offerings from both Seven and Nine, I can’t really say that I’m overly impressed with the 5.30pm bulletins from either network.

I can’t really comment on the content much but certainly when it comes to the presentation style, Seven/Nine Gold Coast News feels a little too much like a pre-recorded Prime7 or WIN bulletin recorded somewhere hundreds of kilometres away rather than a live and local news service presented live from Surfers Paradise.

Quite arguably, the same can possibly be said for the entire state! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Only joking, of course. I’ve heard reliable reports that Queensland is a nice place and the state is somewhere I would happily visit if given the right opportunity.

1 Like

Special edition of 7 News Budget special at 10.40pm tonight.

4 Likes