Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

SA News Director Terry Plane has been given the boot.

Insiders say Plane, who recently returned to work after two weeks in hospital, was told he had been “made redundant” first thing this morning.

Newsroom staff, almost all of whom Plane has hired, were reportedly told an hour later and were left stunned.

It’s understood the reason given was that he did not “fit into Seven’s future direction”.

EP of SA’s Today Tonight, Graham Archer, is his replacement.

Standby for more tabloid crap Adelaide.

1 Like

As we approach the 2016 ratings year, a year of more ratings declines for FTA TV…

It’ll be interesting to see whether The Chase lead-in and Home and Away lead-out + MKR improves Seven News’ ratings, particularly Sydney and Brisbane now?

If it dramatically does, Seven executives deserve a clap…

…and if the ratings don’t improve?

A presentation refresh will probably help things a bit, but I don’t think that will be enough for Seven News.

And as seen in this Sunrise video, the world, globe idea seems to have remained:

2 Likes

Except this year it is a Monday :blush: Seems an odd choice to star the year.

2 Likes

Or it maybe a cover to the control room :wink:

Could be cause it doesnt even look like a screen

Looks kinda shitty compared to the Sunrise set? No real design structure, just screens on walls. Doesn’t sit very well underneath the second storey area, either. I hope it’s just half-finished.

I know it’s not finished or ‘on air’ yet but I’m not seeing many elements I’m liking so far.

Guess we’ll see on Monday morning…

2 Likes

It’s probably one of those seamless plasma walls that they were talking about. There are some new light blue graphics on the side panels so I’d say there is definitely a refresh coming, it’s just a matter of whether it’s a full on relaunch or just a 2010-style redesign ahead of a proper relaunch in 2017-18.

The other thought that occurred to me this afternoon is that Sunday Night will be getting a new set. It will be interesting to see what they do, hopefully the fake stone walls were the first things to be thrown out!

1 Like

It is definitely a screen on the new 7 news set. Early on in the video when it’s in the background you can see the 7news logo image and globe disappears from the screen and it goes black.

I’m going to judge it when I see it on screen :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have updated my (basic) model to incorporate the stuff in the video:

The more I play around with it the better I think it will look. A newsroom backdrop would look incredible on that huge new plasma wall.

5 Likes

I’m kinda doubting there will be a screen on the front of it sadly… The set seems to be loosely based around Adelaide’s one.

I wasn’t really sure, it definitely looks like there will be some sort of feature on the front of the desk but whether that is space for a screen or is just a backlit panel I’m not sure.

I think the actual desk will also be whiter than mine, it’s hard to tell from a few snippets.

1 Like

I was going to mention that. Seems like parts and elements of the promos from last year now seem to be making their way in the presentation.

1 Like

[quote=“MarkHD, post:330, topic:103”]
SA News Director Terry Plane has been given the boot.[/quote]

[quote=“MarkHD, post:331, topic:103”]
EP of SA’s Today Tonight, Graham Archer, is his replacement.[/quote]
It’s not the first time a Seven News Adelaide veteran has been unceremoniously dumped (cf. Graeme Goodings in 2014).
Does Plane have any grounds to sue Seven for unfair dismissal?

A 7news promo for Monday about Molly’s back problem featured that awesome mission theme

Why are South Australia getting poor treatment with TV, mainly Seven? Don’t they dominate there.

Yes, I understand it is the smallest TV market in terms if ratings (and also ad revenue).

so is that plain wall supposed to look into the control room? That’s the impression I got.