Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

@eddel

looks like we are both getting on the right track

2 Likes

The sacking of Graeme Goodings was definitely a mistake, and I dare say the sacking of the news director would have something to do with Nine gaining traction. During the current summer ratings, Nine is leading the 6:30 half hour on week nights and I’m pretty sure Nine has won most weekends too

The improving ratings of Nine at 6.30pm in Adelaide might also have something to do with why Today Tonight has received a refresh over there.

I’d have to agree that the sacking of Graeme Goodings was definitely a big mistake, however one wonders if the debacle surrounding local bushfire coverage last Summer (I think it was) has been getting longtime Seven Adelaide viewers switching over as well.

3 Likes

The one at the back is a giant plasma, the one on the right is just me being lazy but will be a mirror image of the blue wall on the left (like Grady’s model shows).

Yes Seven did appear to have dropped the ball in January 2015 both locally and nationally. And if I remember correctly, numbers were quite fluctuated between the 2 networks at the time as well

Does anyone remember this news opener used by Seven Brisbane in 1999? Yuck. http://youtube.com/watch?v=cclSDzyPiOg

7 news perth 1987,rick & sue still presenting today https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9B0GGBJzA

1 Like

Which awesome theme do you mean? The 1999 version?

Seven News at 5:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure that promo is from 1988, as the bulletin name there is Seven Nightly News (as opposed to Seven National News) and there’s footage from Sydney’s bicentennial celebrations.

In any case, it’s a really cheesy promo IMO!

Since that is the case, I wonder if they’ll have different uses for the screen, other than presenting the logo (similar how NBC Nightly News displays the date).

Is there really a screen on that desk?

Either way, I really do hope that any screens which come with this new set will be used efficiently.

2 Likes

I couldn’t see a screen in the screen grabs I have. But it could be.

Just saw that Molly Meldrum promo with the ‘Mission’ theme. Not the 1999 theme. Just another slightly modified slow version of the Mission.

Hrmm. Seven News hasn’t started yet in Perth. The TV guide says 7.30. :confused: I just saw the new style ticker regrading the delay.

It’ll be on following the Aus Open Women’s final.

It was always going to be on after the final at 7.30

Didn’t realise until I saw the guide. It’s fine now :slight_smile:

Something that has just come to mind: What do we think the chances are of Seven News Sydney giving it’s viewers a preview of the new set tomorrow night? There are at least two ways that I could possibly see this happening…

1: A “Special Report” on “the future of television (at Seven)” which would preview the new Sunrise/Seven News sets along with possibly the long awaited announcement on what Channel 76 is going to be.
2: On Sunday nights, Seven News Sydney usually shows it’s “Flashback” segment. I wonder if tomorrow night’s “Flashback” will be a look back on Seven News’ past sets with a preview of the new set? From memory, the Queensland bulletin did something similar when they launched their new set back in Early 2012.

Of course, I could be completely wrong and Seven might “save the surprise” entirely until 6pm on Monday night but it’s just a thought more than anything else.

1 Like

I actually think why show the news at all its know 8pm in Perth

1 Like