Seven News Content and Appearance (2015-2020)

You should’ve given credit to http://www.siteoffline.com/ for that one!

I believe so, but of course the ticker wasn’t native HD.

5 Likes

Wow, I didn’t think they’d have FHD bulletins back then. What year would this have been? 2009?

1 Like

Spot the mistake

3 Likes

When Sam Armytage was a decent news presenter.

4 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, that cap is from 2007. Think that was the year Seven switched their HD channel from 576p to 1080i anyway…

2 Likes

Continuing on discussion of those caps here for a moment - just would like to discuss that “Breaking News” logo…
Looks like those boards we’ve recently been seeing across Seven - “Happening Now” and “All The Facts 6pm”.

What do you think of them? Bad move? Or a good look to their package choice?

That one.

It’s unnecessary and the gloss is too outdated for 2020.

6 Likes

Yep, those new “Breaking News” graphics are like something from ten years ago.

Not a particular fan of their “Happening Now” (total rip-off of “Always On” from Nine News in 2014) or “All The Facts” taglines either. I’d like to think that everything in a Seven News bulletin is factual, but there are valid reasons to question some content decisions and storytelling styles of certain reporters…

Was going to say the same.

I’ve only seen that Breaking News graphic appear on their YouTube clips. Doesn’t appear to be part of the onair package.

1 Like

Bit disappointed with the story run down in Melbourne tonight. The US riots/ protesters were put into the third block?

What was leading the bulletin?

1st story on 7 news Melbourne tonight…

2nd story bars and clubs opening.

3rd story US rioting

1 Like

Goodness.

Look I know it’s sort of relevant as a regional story (in Victoria) but can’t that be placed as the third story instead? The second story seems alright to lead but the first one certainly isn’t (especially considering today’s developments). If this is the kind of stuff they lead with regularly then it’s most likely one of the reasons why they haven’t been able to gain any momentum.

2 Likes

I’m really not too sure what happened with the story run down in Melbourne. It doesn’t look good and most Melbourne viewers would notice this.

2 Likes

Over in Melbourne, I’ve frequently seen them get their priorities wrong. Seems to almost be a regular thing for them.

1 Like

Small blooper at 25:46 in Seven News Perth 30/05

and
Michael, where are you looking?

1 Like

Seven’s Morning News didn’t finish until 12:06pm AEST today. EPG was corrected. I presume due to extended coverage on the US riots?

3 Likes

Another afternoon of errors on Melbourne’s 4pm bulletin.

We started with new angles and about a minute on the US riots, then to a live cross on the new police chief comissioner, but a super that said ‘expert analysis on US riots’. And the wrong super stayed up for the entire story. Is nobody in house even watching the bulletin these days? It’s really starting to become embarassing

We’ve since had a bit of local news and then back to America every two minutes. It’s all over the shop.

7 Likes

And you can now imagine why Seven News is getting smashed by Nine News in Melbourne in the ratings these days.

4 Likes