Seven News and Current Affairs

A Seven National News update during the 1978 Australian Open quarter final.

YT Paul Lang.

7 Likes

Gosh, that’s a good find.

3 Likes

here’s something i just uploaded a 7 News update from moments after Collingwood won the drought breaking flag in 1990 Peter Mitchell is loving it lol

5 Likes

A great day that was

2 Likes

Collingwood certainly took their opportunity in 1990 they only lost a handful of games that year and played in that epic drawn Qualifier with the Weagles!

2 Likes

7 Perth retained the original chopper intro from the relaunch when ATN moved to Martin Place

3 Likes

Update from April 1995:

TodayTonight promo:

Partial update, from April 1998:

4 Likes

Sydney news update with Gary Wilkinson:

Weather update with Sonia Kruger:

Sports update with Gary Wilkinson:

6 Likes

Did Gary Wilkinson read the morning news prior to Chris Bath at 10.30am?

4 Likes

Yes he did.

2 Likes

When did he retire?

1 Like

Either '01 or '02, I’m not entirely sure.

1 Like

Early '03. I’m sure I’ve seen an interview with him where he said he flew back to Sydney after commentating the Aus Open tennis expecting to have his contract renewed but he was told it would not be. Been freelancing sports commentary since then.

1 Like

I’m just catching up. But 2003 seems to line up with Ian Ross joining Seven.

9 Likes

Wilko really should have been treated better by Seven

3 Likes

He was replaced by Reaso who wasn’t giving his Sunrise gig back.

1 Like

I think Kochie’s appointment on Sunrise was made permanent after ratings started to pick up. Reaso was later given the Sunday Sunrise/Weekend Sunrise gigs only to again be replaced on the revamped latter show by Andrew O’Keefe in mid-2005.

2 Likes

Rease came back and was giving the 10:30am News, the later swapped with Bath who was doing Sunday Sunrise at the time (while Anne moved to Sydney 6pm Weekend). Bath and Ann later swapped back.

5 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes