Seven News and Current Affairs

Interesting how the Seven logo on the title-card is the simplified trapezoid variant instead of the usual ribbon style:

11 Likes

I think it was intended to look like the ribbon. The part that looks like a gap is actually shadow… if that makes sense

4 Likes

It has been a couple of months since the last upload.

It was great to see Seven sharing older bulletins. Hopefully they upload some more soon.

3 Likes

Weather update with Natalie Barr from August 16, 1997.

16 Likes

Here are caps of a rare occasion of Katrina Blowers presenting the Gold Coast News in 2016:

7 Likes

The video

4 Likes

Interesting the new style previews but then the old graphics elsewhere.

3 Likes

Local weather insert on NBC Today from July 1990:

4 Likes

How similar/different was that to their normal news weather graphic?

1 Like

Seven News Brisbane - Saturday 11/8/2001

21 Likes

I believe the sports presenter is Victoria Carthew

4 Likes

She was boundary rider for 7’s AFL matches in Queensland.

3 Likes

Wow Brisbane definitely went their own way here with regards to Seven News.

7 Likes

BTQ had a different presentation to the national look.

3 Likes

Well obviously :joy: I think that’s quite obvious considering the huge post above detailing that… lol

In saying that, it’s horrible. Blue overload and the blue use of the logo for news. Gross.

4 Likes

Seven National News partial bulletin from 25 June 1982. Newsreader is Ilona Komesaroff

YouTube: Mike Squier

8 Likes

How’s the story run down… it’s like watching a national ABC/SBS bulletin, not a local metro commercial news service that we now see from seven.

3 Likes

No loud, flashy graphics or visual graffiti filling the screen. Not even a glamorous intro, just literally a list of TV call-signs. Just very plain and matter-of-fact. These days it’s more showbiz than news.

7 Likes

And the amount of international stories at the top of the bulletin. I’m assuming Nine and Ten were similar back in the day.

3 Likes

I guess so, although I think Ten by then, had started to add more colour and movement to its news with the Move Closer to Your World theme and adopting the more American conversational style of news presentation and larger news sets with a panel of presenters.

3 Likes