Seven News and Current Affairs

At the time access to multiple same day international stories was still somewhat of a novelty. The networks even ran late night bulletins that were all international stories.

Like News Overnight?

What about SBS? They ran international news only when they started …

There were names like “News World” and “World News” for bulletins around 10:30 each night - differed per market.

4 Likes

In Melbourne, Seven had its own Newsworld (before it adopted the Sydney-based show of the same name) but it wasn’t specifically a world news bulletin as such, it was really just a regular late news.

1 Like

HSV7 had a local late night bulletin running from 1980 - 1987… didn’t it, running as Newsworld and Seven Late News etc?

not sure about earlier titles but at one stage it was Seven National News: Second Edition, but eventually they settled on Newsworld and that name stuck.

Seven Nightly News Sydney - Saturday 17/5/1997

15 Likes

End of the late news with Anne Fulwood from 8 October 2002:

Weather insert into NBC Today on the following morning:

4 Likes

From memory the late news only went for another 12 months and was axed in 2003. Replaced with 2-5 minute national update.

4 Likes

Seven News Sydney: Weather, Closer and Update with Nuala Hafner and the late Ian Ross - Friday (26/3/2004)

12 Likes

The superior version of the news theme.

3 Likes

I always liked hearing that theme while watching NBC Today occasionally. They used it for a long time until perhaps around 2010?

1 Like

What is Nuala doing now?

1 Like

She’s a clincial psychologist

2 Likes

Seven News’ Flashback last night was back to 1986 when Adelaide ADS7 newsreader Anne Fulwood made an exchange with KTVV36 newsreader Tonia Cooke from Adelaide’s sister city of Austin, Texas.

TVQ10 in Brisbane had a similar newsreader exchange, but I am not aware such a thing was done elsewhere in Australia?

9 Likes

This was TVQ’s

4 Likes

did TVQ send over a newsreader in exchange?

2 Likes

That’s very cool.

1 Like

I believe they did, can’t remember who it was.

2 Likes