Seven News and Current Affairs

Inouk only lasted a month? What was she like presenting wise?

The length of her tenure answers your question :wink:

1 Like

With thanks to Steve Rutherford for the upload here’s a video of Inouk Arnall presenting Oz Lotto, from when the “classic” set was still in-use:

That draw was from Tuesday February 17, 2004 going by the information I could find online.

In other words, not likely to be very good? :thinking:

2 Likes

Seven Nightly News Melbourne (January 29, 1995) partial bulletin, presented by Peter Mitchell (thanks to ‘Download’ on YouTube).

4 Likes

Tracy Challenor used to get some great rating on weekends before Sharyn took over - well in to the 300k’s and sometimes 400+. Tracy really didn’t have to be replaced.

Obviously when Sharyn came along she did even better ratings wise on weekends… but Tracy went out on top. It’s a shame she wasn’t picked up elsewhere.

2 Likes

The traditional “Mission” theme used for the 4:30 news bulletins during the coverage of the US invasion of Iraq anchored by DJ.

5 Likes

TVW using the red logo for FuelWatch updates in 2002 before it became the national 7 logo in 2003.

It was our secondary logo too appearing on the helicopter

6 Likes

For anyone interested; the end of this clip (3:55 mark) features a full list of news reporters, sport reporters, news editors etc., at Seven in Melbourne in 1995.

5 Likes

Remember when the news used to have closing credits?

1 Like

Does GTV9 still do it on Saturdays?

I don’t think any Sydney TV news service has done closing credits (beyond a “Copyright/Year/Utilising the worldwide resources of…” type thing) for many years!

They haven’t for quite a while now.

I think that went out the door post cyber attack?

Sam Armytage was Roscoe’s fill-in before Chris Bath became weekend news reader and regular fill-in for Roscoe.

Ann Sanders did however present the weekend news from 2004-2006

1 Like

Yes but she didn’t fill in on weeknights (Sam did).

1 Like

From 1984:

3 Likes

Last day of the old 7 News graphics

9 Likes

Shows how times have changed. Calling the prime minister Mr Howard. Today they call Scott Morrison scomo

6 Likes

I love how long they stay on the shot of Jo before cutting to the newsroom.

1 Like