Seven News and Current Affairs

Thanks Captain Obvious.

3 Likes

Seven News film of the events at Parliament House on the day, 11 November 1975, that prime minister Gough Whitlam was sacked and Malcolm Fraser was commissioned as caretaker prime minister. There is more film if you follow the link.

2 Likes

I stumbled across this ad in The Sun-Herald, 16 June 1968. I have no memory of ATVN News, so I’m thinking it was probably a name used for advertising sales and was never a brand used on air for ATN7 and HSV7 News. (?)

7 Likes

Interesting to see that STW-9 was the Perth affiliate of “ATVN News” at the time. Does this mean that TVW-7 would’ve used footage from TCN/GTV/QTQ/NWS for interstate stories back in 1968?

Also, a considerably young(er) Alan Wilkie pictured there!

2 Likes

Brisbane 2015, via Prime7 Gold Coast which usually airs 7 Sydney:

1 Like

Why?

1 Like

New video this morning from 1986.

10 Likes

Theme was more showbiz than news.

Midway through the bulletin: “Bob Hawke stars in A Country Practice” - now there’s proof that networks having cross promotional reports during their news is hardly a new/recent concept! Also made me wonder how much of a public outcry there’d be if Scott Morrison tried something like this today…

5 Likes

Please don’t give him any ideas!

2 Likes

Another clip from the 7 news vault just uploaded. Is this the first version of Sunrise?

3 Likes

Was that “meet the press” theme there.

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Short clip of the mentioned episode in which Hawke appears as himself

2 Likes

It’s called The Mission by John Williams.

1 Like

Technically “The Mission Part IV (The Pulse of Events)”.

6 Likes

That subscriber count can’t possibly be correct, can it? Strikes me as an old YouTube channel with videos deleted being repurposed or bot accounts…

1 Like

That is correct, as briefly discussed in the Seven News Content and Appearance discussion:

1 Like

Exactly the same set! That theme music tho. Wish they had kept it longer.

1 Like

Another one from the 90s has popped up.

14 Likes