Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Repco Supercars Championships Newcastle 500 - Day 2 will be shown on Sunday 12 March live.

3 Likes

The Best Of The Russell Gilbert Show

Wednesday 8 March 7:30 PM

A riotous look at one of the funniest comedians Australia has ever produced. Watch the much-loved master of comedy take on everyday situations and steer them into hilarity as only Russell can.

Seems like Seven have run out of ideas - Wiki: “The Russell Gilbert Show is a short-lived Australian comedy show hosted by Russell Gilbert in 1998. It was partially a spin-off from Hey Hey It’s Saturday, where Gilbert had risen to prominence.”

7 Likes

Going by the latest TV Week issue, it says that Wednesdays edition of The Best of Russell Gilbert Show is part 1. So there must be two parts of a very short-lived sketch-show/variety show? I also think that Seven have run out of ideas. lol.

First, it was the Cat Videos as fillers on Seven. Now its “Hey Hey it’s Saturday and Friends” clip shows
 With the Hey Hey it’s 50 Years (etc) and The Best & Worst of Red Faces
 and now The Russell Gilbert Show. When’s The Dickie Knee Show and The Plucka Duck Show happening? lol

3 Likes

The 95th Academy Awards

Monday 13 March 11:00 AM AEDT

Encore screening that night after Idol results show 8:45 PM

Live From E!: Oscars
Monday 13 March 8:00 am Live 7Bravo and 7plus

Who’s wearing what? We’re here to find out. Join E! Live from the Red Carpet at the Oscars 2023.

Note that both the ceremony and the Red Carpet are only live in AEDT areas - delayed everywhere else.

Poor that Seven prioritise TMS infomercials over The Academy Awards.

5 Likes

In previous years, the Oscars were shown live in all states, so it will be disappointing if this year’s event is shown on delay outside AEDT areas, because the winners will be all over social media by the time it airs in WA. At least I hope the event will be streamed live on 7plus.

Also, as March 13 is a public holiday in Victoria, SA and the ACT, it will be interesting to see if more people stay at home and watch the Academy Awards. I for one will be able to sit down to watch the live telecast for the first time ever.

2 Likes

Not really. I think TMS would attract more viewers than an awards show at that time of day. Isn’t this why networks have multichannels?

1 Like

In previous years The Academy Awards has rated significantly (+100k last year) higher than the morning shows. For such a prominent event not to be live is a bad result for those states - perhaps Sevens thinks Adelaide and Perth will watch anything on Seven anytime.

Don’t understand the multichannel comment as the broadcast is on the main channel only.

4 Likes

Sorry, I was confused by this:

I thought this meant the Oscars were on 7 Bravo too.

2 Likes

That is the E! red carpet show - also delayed in non AEDT areas.

2 Likes

The Best of The Best and Worst of The Russell Gilbert Show Part 2 ?

2 Likes

12 Likes

People at home on a Saturday would usually prefer to watch the races on TV rather than their phone unless they are just tuning into one specific race. Racing. com covers VIC/SA racing only, so by also featuring NSW/QLD racing on Seven they are covering all bases.

Sydney Weekender celebrates 30 years

PM Anthony Albanese joins host Sam Mac to mark TV milestone

Prime Minister Anthony Albanese throws back a cold one with Sydney Weekender host Sam Mac, as the iconic lifestyle program celebrates an impressive 30 years on air – 5.30pm Sunday on Channel 7 and 7plus.

In a Sydney Weekender exclusive, Mac joins the PM at some of his favourite haunts in Sydney’s Inner West, including the Marrickville District Lawn Tennis Club and Corinthian Rotisserie Restaurant.

The milestone episode also sees Karen Ledbury visit Sydney’s sparkling new cultural hub, the Sydney Modern at the Art Gallery of New South Wales; Lizzy Lovette climbs the Sydney Harbour Bridge for a stunning Indigenous walk experience; and Sally Stanton lunches with Vietnamese–Australian chef and restaurateur Luke Nguyen at his restaurant in the heart of Sydney’s Royal Botanic Gardens.

Marking the 30th anniversary, Sydney Weekender Executive Producer Jenny Forsyth said: “The engaging personalities in front of the camera and our passionate storytellers behind the camera have made Sydney Weekender a much-loved part of everybody’s weekend for the past 30 years and I wish to thank everyone who has been a part of the show’s journey and unrivalled success.

“We look forward to bringing you more spectacular locations, exciting activities, hot deals, delicious eating out inspiration and the best of NSW and beyond, for many years to come.”

Join the celebrations 5.30pm Sunday on Channel 7 and 7plus and send in your birthday messages and favourite memories via the Sydney Weekender socials.

2 Likes

30 years for any show is a big achievement, especially a lifestyle/travel show. Good get, i guess, in getting the Prime Minister to appear. I hope there’s a montage of the 30 years of the show, that includes a simple mention to legendary Mike Whitney for hosting 28 years of the show (and to Matt Shirvinton for hosting 1 year).

2 Likes

We Interrupt This Broadcast encore confirmed for 7pm Saturday

3 Likes

I can understand this repeat for Saturday to get the extra eyeballs tuning in.

But personally, i think repeats shouldn’t be airing at 7pm - even if it is on a lowly watching night of a Saturday. Just lazy programming. I know it’s filler until the AFL starts. Border Security and Border Patrol that usually airs on Saturdays aren’t that much better.

Daryl likes this.

1 Like

Seven News did 640k metro and No. 1 program last Saturday, if WITB encore does half of that (which in itsself would be pretty good considering how the first run did although against Married) or a little below that, that would be a decent result for Seven. So this could be the first non-movie non-news that actually seems acceptable in Saturday prime time of recent years.

I will definitely tune in for the WITB encore. It gives me something to watch on Saturday nights, since I normally tune into food shows on SBS Food or catch up on the shows I recorded earlier on my PVR.

The Best of The Russell Gilbert Show

Two brand-new primetime specials celebrate comedy genius

Over the 30-year run of Hey Hey It’s Saturday, there were many spinoff programs, but none funnier than The Russell Gilbert Show.

Across the next two Wednesdays on Channel 7 and 7plus, The Best of The Russell Gilbert Show celebrates lovable rascal Russell Gilbert, who became an Aussie icon in the 1980s and 1990s through his mastery of sketch and physical comedy in everyday situations.

In Part 1, introduced by Daryl Somers, Russell delivers some unfortunate news to some children at a party in the park about the fate of their circus clown; has a crack as a music producer on a John Farnham album with mixed results; and gives Mike Myers a crash course on the art of Aussie lifesaving. And, have you ever wondered what we did before elastic was invented?

In Part 2, introduced by Mick Molloy, Russell saves the life of an iconic amusement park character who then proceeds to stalk him; we find out if a cuddling cop gets his man; and run into some very climate-friendly hoons. Plus, have you ever wondered where clichés come from?

Daryl Somers said: “Russell Gilbert should be recognised as one of the greats of Australian comedy. He lit up the scene from ’86 onwards through his first appearance on Hey Hey, then as a regular on The Comedy Company and back to Hey Hey for over a decade as a vital part of the ensemble.

“These two specials highlight the breadth of his talents, such that 25 years on they are still ‘laugh out loud’ funny. It’s just so sad that health problems shortened his career.”

Don’t miss this riotous celebration of one of the funniest comedians Australia has ever produced, featuring cameos from Glenn Robbins, Marty Sheargold, Bob Franklin, Dave O’Neil, The Amazing Johnathan, James Reyne and more.

Part 1 premieres 7.30pm Wednesday, 8 March on Channel 7 and 7plus

Part 2 premieres 7.30pm Wednesday, 15 March on Channel 7 and 7plus