We Interrupt This Broadcast

Given she’s the first name on the list i think it’s safe to say it’s the more famous/actor/Gold Logie winner Georgie Parker.

3 Likes

Caps from publicity preview of next episode.

7 Likes

Is she being Gretel Killeen?

1 Like

The skit is a mock of Shark Tank and she is playing Janine Allis.

1 Like

that was my second guess!

Encore screening in the prime 7pm timeslot this Saturday might bring in some extra viewers to the show.

2 Likes

I think 7pm Saturday is a better slot than going against MAFS but with the AFL starting they probably didn’t want to move it & will encore it at that slot until the AFL starts in 3 weeks

2 Likes

Would be a nice touch. Comedy Inc used the real sets for Millionaire and other Nine shows.

3 Likes

I think they need to cut it down to 30mins .

I actually quite enjoyed it . Some of the skits at the beginning i didn’t find funny and the endless gravy jug thing was ridiculous .

4 Likes

Some news send ups would be welcome. BREAKING NEWS that is a day old, live crosses to nothing etc

11 Likes

It’s probably nothing, but I did wonder how Nine might feel about the near identical Married logo and that opening the program, at the same timeslot as the real thing the other night and again at 7pm after top-rating Seven News tonight’s encore. The production ender “were not approved” or whatever certainly doesn’t help.

1 Like

I just watched the encore of the first episode. It was patchy and some segments like MasterChef were not funny (and I am a big MasterChef fan).

There were three original creations (such as Virginia Gay’s stand up comedy special) on top of the shows they were mocking. Virginia herself was amazing.

My favourite skits from episode 1 were Border Security, Hunted and You Can’t Ask That. Special mention goes to the Australian version of Squid Game.

Hopefully next week’s episode will be better.

2 Likes

Who cares what Nine thinks of it?

10 Likes

I meant from a legal stance, perhaps?

2 Likes

The Married At First Sight brand is owned by EndomolShine rather than Nine. Given the potential business from Seven, I don’t think they would contemplate suing.

2 Likes

Fair enough, it is TV I guess, “all is fair in love and war” and that

you can do a lot under the guise of parody

3 Likes

I was imagining someone on the wrong channel thinking they were watching MAFS lol.

1 Like

Georgie Parker posted some behind the scenes photos on her Instagram account last week, ahead of her appearance tonight.

2 Likes

Nothing will ever top Full Frontal’s “Australian National Nightly Network News”.

6 Likes