Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Um, they’ve confirmed that’s exactly what’s going to happen…

I know that, don’t talk to me as though I’m stupid. I was just responding to @triton’s comment, saying why it is for the better that MKR should be rested during the Commonwealth Games period.

Settle down.

3 Likes

I wasn’t trying to talk to you as if you were stupid - I only said what I did in that manner because it appeared you were very passionate about a notion which has already been confirmed as not happening

Not happening? You said above that what I said is what is going to happen I thought :thinking:

Cannot believe Seven aren’t running My Kitchen Rules next week. Ten and Nine will be stoked not to have MKR posing a challenge to Young Sheldon and Bachelor in Paradise launches. Australian Spartan is so much more inferior than MKR. I understand it needs to be aired but they could have got rid of it on April 1, 2 and 3.

Both are non-ratings weeks so some might argue that Ten and Nine are wasting new shows in those weeks.

Seven is also showing triple Home and Away episodes to make up for the time missed during the Commonwealth Games.

There should be at least 11 episodes of My Kitchen Rules remaining, as the top eight teams would be revealed by the end of this Wednesday’s episode. When it resumes after the Commonwealth Games the ultimate instant restaurant would be shown (including the expulsion of one team), the semi finals and the grand final. I expect The Voice will start after the Commonwealth Games as well with the blind auditions, meaning the two shows will clash over three weeks.

1 Like

If Seven wastes MKR in non-ratings weeks, what do they put up against The Voice then?

Modern Family?

1 Like

There is no way in the world that Modern Family will be as big as The Voice.

House Rules has always gone up against Voice and MKR has mostly only had one week off - not the two non ratings weeks. This year will be the first in a while where Seven won’t air MKR for the entire Easter non ratings period and I think that’s a mistake.

1 Like

It’s a risk MKR taking three weeks off. Years ago Seven got away with having 2-week breaks for the Easter non-ratings period. Their competitors took advantage of that so Seven cut it down to just one week and in 2016 there was no break at all - just the Sunday episodes were rested.

With some slight modifications, this season could be finishing this week with House Rules launching off the back of the Commonwealth Games.

3 Likes

Are the commonwealth games counted in the ratings

1 Like

I’m 99% sure that OzTam will continue to collect ratings data during the Commonwealth Games.

Whether or not the networks other than Seven will choose to air “ratings season programing” during that time might be another story though!

4 Likes

If Seven were to show House Rules after the Commonwealth Games you would expect the promos to start now. Perhaps the promos will air during Thursday’s AFL season opener?

Also puzzled as to why next Tuesday 8:30 is TBA when they have ONE episode of Good Doctor season 1 left that airs in the US the day prior. Surely they’re not going to make fans wait till after the Commonwealth Games to see the season final.

1 Like

Only 99%? The ratings are 365 days per year, 366 in leap years. :smiley: This artificial two week gap over Easter is silly, as the advertising agencies and advertisers still get the ratings. Seven should program to win every day and every week.

7 Likes

Week commencing 25 March 2018

Sunday 25 March
07:00 PM Australian Spartan Ep3
08:45 PM Sunday Night
09:45 PM Crimes That Shook The World S2 Ep2
10:45 PM Autopsy USA: Corey Monteith
11:45 PM Blindspot S3 Ep4

Perth
04:00 PM AFL: Rnd 1: West Coast v Sydney
07:00 PM Seven News
07:30 PM Australian Spartan Ep3
09:15 PM Sunday Night
10:15 PM Crimes That Shook The World S2 Ep2
11:15 PM Blindspot S3 Ep4

Monday 26 March
07:30 PM Australian Spartan Ep4 Semi Final
09:15 PM The Resident S1 Ep8
10:15 PM The Blacklist S5 Ep13 and 14

Tuesday 27 March
07:00 PM Home And Away x 2
08:00 PM Border Security: America’s Front Line
08:30 PM TBA
11:00 PM Grey’s Anatomy S14 Ep13

Wednesday 28 March
07:00 PM Home And Away x 3

Sydney, Brisbane
10:30 PM World’s Angriest: At Work Rpt
11:30 PM Big Kitchens: Fighting Food
12:00 PM Powerless Season Final

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
08:30 PM The Front Bar
09:30 PM TBA
11:30 PM Big Kitchens: Fighting Food
12:00 PM Powerless

Thursday 29 March
Sydney, Brisbane, Perth
07:30 PM Surveillance Oz: Australia’s Dumbest Criminals
08:30 PM World’s Deadliest Weather: Caught On Camera
09:30 PM TBA
11:30 PM The Goldbergs Rpt

Melbourne, Adelaide
07:30 PM AEDT AFL: Rnd 2: Adelaide v Richmond
11:00 PM AEDT TBA

Friday 30 March
Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth
07:00 PM Better Homes And Gardens

Melbourne
09:00 AM 2018 Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal
12:00 PM Seven News Special: Good Friday Edition
12:30 PM 2018 Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal
04:00 PM AFL: Rnd 2: North Melbourne v St Kilda
07:00 PM Seven News
07:30 PM The Good Friday Appeal Super Show

Saturday 31 March
Sydney, Brisbane, Perth
07:00 PM TBA
09:00 PM TBA

Melbourne, Adelaide
07:00 PM AEDT The Kick: Fremantle v Essendon
08:00 PM AEDT AFL: Rnd 2: Fremantle Essendon
11:30 PM AEDT Movie: Tears Of The Sun (2003)

:clock1: 3:00am Daylight Saving Ends in NSW, VIC, ACT, TAS and SA

For details of AFL coverage see Seven AFL Coverage - #2087 by Super_SC

Updated with market variations.

1 Like

Ratings season content…