Seven AFL Coverage

Well, in the ratings predictions thread, I thought it might do around 175k tonight in Melbourne.

But, if nowhere near, I think 170k (5 city) would be a bare minimum?

Given most top multi-channel programs on a daily basis are around that range.

(Yes, if Melb gets 170k which would make 5 city somewhere 250-300k+, that’d be a dream for the AFL. Will that happen? Maybe. We’ll see tomorrow)

1 Like

Telecast finished at 10:20pm AEDT, 20min over-run.

LOL all the Over 55s getting angry they didn’t get their weekly dose of Murdoch Mysteries at an earlier time, let alone 10pm as scheduled tonight :joy:

6 Likes

The only reason I knew it was on was because my old man (an MM fan) told me!

Campbell Brown is the boundary rider for tonight’s AFLX in Melbourne.

GWS Giants veteran Heath Shaw is not playing in AFLX today in Sydney, he is working as a boundary rider for Seven’s telecast.

Brenton Yates will join with Jason Bennett for the Women’s AFL game between Adelaide and Carlton.

1 Like

Western Bulldogs will play in their first AFLW Grand Final, to be held at Melbourne’s Ikon Park next Saturday (March 24) at 1.10pm AEDT. Seven’s coverage begins at midday AEDT.
EDIT: The Bulldogs will face Brisbane Lions in the GF after Collingwood beat Adelaide by 21 points this afternoon, ending the Crows’ title defence.

I’d say that Brenton Yates might fill in during the Commonwealth Games.

One would assume that the AFLW GF will be on 73 across all markets on Saturday afternoon with the Golden Slipper meeting on the main channel. Game from Carlton is due to start at 1:10 EDST (12:10 in Qld), with Qld viewers having this game follow onto the Saints vs Lions men’s game straight after (which makes attending both for the fans impossible given the men’s game starts just after 3:30 and getting across town is near impossible to get to the start, not that they’ll be celebrating!)

Tasmania has AFLW on Southern Cross, Sydney racing on 7two.

St Kilda’s game against Brisbane will be at Etihad Stadium. If Lions fans leave straight after the final siren of AFLW grand final at around 3pm, they should make it to the start of men’s game.
In Victoria, the AFLW GF will be on the main channel with horse racing on 7TWO.

Perth will have 5 games live this week to kick off afl 2018
7 news on Sunday will be on at 7.00 after eagles and Sydney in wa

The GF is on the main channel in Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. Golden Slipper is on 7Two in those markets.

1 Like

I hope this isn’t true!! I want to see Australian Spartan at 7:00, can’t the news be scheduled for earlier in the night? Damn football…

Im sure you are :grinning::grinning:

in the past, I think they would have a news bulletin at half time if my memory is correct.

What is the difference between 7:00 and 7:30 - not much at all besides the 30 minute difference.

Maybe 7:30 is past his bed time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Under the current broadcast deal WA will not get the Melbourne-Geelong clash on FTA, which is unfortunate because it is produced by Seven and does not overlap with the Eagles-Swans game.

1 Like

WA gets:
Ric v Car
Ess v Ade
PP v Fre
Haw v Cwd
WC v Syd
That’s 5…

AFLW Grand Final now starting at 12.35pm EDST to allow more time for Lions supporters to make it across town for both matches.

3 Likes