Seven Network - Programs and Schedules

Blame multi-channels

Blue Heelers had probably run out of steam after 13 seasons especially after they blew up the police station, changed the line of command and brought in a lot of new cast members. All Saints came close and probably could have gone a few more seasons past 12 seasons.

Bellbird had 11. Prisoner only went for 8 seasons matched by Cop Shop, The Young Doctors, The Sullivans and G.P.

2 Likes

And originally these shows were available in glorious 1080i HD with excellent bit rates on the network’s main channel.

2 Likes

No lol, the decline started long before that. Networks were arrogant with scheduling and paid the price.

4 Likes

What about the Writers Strike that Followed in November?

Most of the final season (I think all bar the final episode) aired on Saturdays, so not a great comparison point. I don’t recall it dropping below about 1.3m during the week though.

1 Like

I was disgusted when Seven did that in 2006.

Given ratings were well up after the mid-2004 bomb, with some great storylines in 2005 (the serial killer arc with Rachel Gordon and Vince Colosimo involved when the network famously went off the air, the double episode which saw PJ leave with David Field involved, the kid dying which brought Geoff Morrell to an end & the Gary Sweet arc which involved Ditch Davey).

A shame it ended. I’d always hoped for a re-boot :smile:

1 Like

Grand Tour encore on Friday night.

2 Likes

Schedule Update:

Wednesday 1 November

New schedule:
07:30 PM First Dates Australia S3 Ep07
08:45 PM The Grand Tour S1 Ep04
10:15 PM The Jonathan Ross Show Season 12 Premiere
11:15 PM Autopsy USA: Prince
12:15 AM Motive S4 Ep11

Try to keep up everybody :nerd_face:

1 Like

It may change a couple more times before the actual broadcasts. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What’s the difference between a repeat and an encore?

A hope of higher ratings. :wink:

6 Likes

Generally speaking (and no fast rule) an encore is a rebroadcast of the program within 7 days of the original broadcast. A repeat would be more than 7 days

4 Likes

The Jonathan Ross Show episode update:
S12 Ep09 Tonight’s guests are Tina Turner, Clare Balding, Andrew Garfield and Plan B.

1 Like

That episode of The Jonathan Ross Show airs on ITV this Saturday, so it looks like Seven will fasttrack the remaining episodes of series 12, then go back to the start of series 12 after the finale airs in Britain.

1 Like

Seven really ramming the RLWC down our throats. It’ll be good, but seems excessive.

25%+ of Morning News was cross-promoting it.

I wonder how much they paid?

1 Like

Yes that countdown clock we’ve been seeing all this morning and the last few days on Sunrise, TMS, TDE, Seven News etc is a bit much too, I have to agree here.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Classification

Top program on Friday night and bigger ratings than anything else on.

4 Likes

Gordon Ramsay On Cocaine

From Monday 6 November at 9:45 PM

Gordon Ramsay sets out to show how deep the problem of drugs and substance abuse is, in Britain as a whole and in the kitchens, food and hospitality industry in the UK.

2 Likes