Seven Network 2023

Looks like Seven has finally found a channel to counter 9Rush in 7Bravo. The extra entertainment channel could be crucial in Seven winning a night in network shares if the ratings go down to the wire.

I think Seven’s 2023 line-up is quite good but I don’t like Big Brother’s sub-theme. The network’s biggest hope is in Q1 with Australian Idol and Blow Up going up against Married at First Sight. If the two new shows can take some younger viewers away from MAFS (and also do well in BVOD) then they have done their job.

The return of NBC content to Seven is timely and will provide much needed boost to the post-9pm schedule.

4 Likes

Did we solve the mystery of what show the “T” is in the UPFRONTS banner?

1 Like

Looks like an island theme to me.

What’s the N?

N is Farmer Wants a Wife.

I think T is Better Homes and Gardens.

So:
U - Australian Idol/The Voice
P - Blow Up
F - AFL/AFLW
R - Million Dollar Island
O - Big Brother
N - Farmer Wants a Wife
T - Better Homes and Gardens

3 Likes

Has Australia’s Got Talent been dropped for next year? It was left out of the press release for returning shows and the seven in 2023 list.

1 Like

No. It’s clearly seen included in the image of new and returning shows. Probably in the last quarter of the year from its position (top, far right).

1 Like

David on TVTonight said that’s an error.

2 Likes

I notice Seven’s two press releases regarding 7Bravo and NBCUniversal content did not mention Law & Order by name. We are currently more than one season behind the US, including the triple crossover with SVU and Organized Crime. Hopefully in time, 7Bravo or 7plus will be able to show the new episodes of L&O as a NBCU library title.

2 Likes

hasn’t it only just started for 2022? It’s probably too early for them to commit the show for 2023 just yet.

2 Likes

I do not think it would work for 7Bravo, maybe 7two or 7flix?

2 Likes

Yes. It’s not unusual for shows currently on air not be mentioned in the Upfronts. They usually don’t make a decision on a show returning until most of the season has run.

2 Likes

Disappointed that NBCUniversal and Seven did even not Mention Peacock in the Streaming Titles as it could be good both Companies to launch it, Also no sign of a 7news Canberra Bulletin yet.

1 Like

James Manning also wrote in his upfronts recap that Seven rented three cinemas for the presentation, and had a senior executive hosting at each cinema (CEO James Warburton at cinema 1, Kurt Burnette at cinema 2 and Nat Harvey at cinema 3).

1 Like

Was there a Melbourne Upfront tonight?

1 Like

I think 7+ streaming of AFL will be 4K (when new broadcast deal begins)

8 Likes

I also hope for a 7 4K in 2025, with all SD multis upgraded to HD.

3 Likes
1 Like

MSNBC/CNBC/NBC News Now on 7+ and in HD is a must with NBCU’s deal with SWM. More content and variety from the NBC News suite in Australia.

1 Like

Maybe the plan is to introduce Million Dollar Island to viewers in late March and to have it airing across Easter long weekend?

2 Likes

Fox has released the first teaser for Accused, produced by Sony Pictures TV and Fox Entertainment, and starring Rachel Bilson. It debuts in the US on January 22 next year.
Accused was among overseas shows revealed at Seven’s upfronts this week.

UPDATE 8/11: Fox has released more details about Accused.

Accused is a collection of 15 intense, topical and exquisitely human stories of crime and punishment. Each episode is a fast-paced provocative thriller, exploring a different crime, in a different city, with an entirely original cast. Based on the BBC’s BAFTA-winning crime anthology, each episode opens in a courtroom on the defendant, with viewers knowing nothing about their crime or how they ended up on trial. Told from the defendant’s point of view through flashbacks, the show holds a mirror up to current times with evocative and emotional stories. In the end, audiences will discover how an ordinary person gets caught up in extraordinary circumstances, and how one impulsive decision can impact the course of that life – and the lives of others – forever. Developed by Howard Gordon (Homeland, 24) and executive-produced by Gordon, Alex Gansa (Homeland, 24) and David Shore (House, The Good Doctor), Accused once again fearlessly takes on the hottest topics of our time. The show features cinematic auspices and production values anchored by Oscar and Emmy-winning talent, including Michael Chiklis, Abigail Breslin, Whitney Cummings, Margo Martindale, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, Wendell Pierce, Rachel Bilson, Jack Davenport, Molly Parker and directors Billy Porter, Marlee Matlin, Tazbah Chavez and Michael Chiklis.

4 Likes