Australian Idol

Just telling you what he said. Listen for yourself.

2 Likes

I’m not arguing with you lol. I’m just saying if that’s the case it’ll definitely be 2 going home a week then.

2 Likes

Could it follow American Idol with more than two people eliminated each week, after they reached top 24? This is what happened in the most recent season.
Week 1: four eliminated (top 24 divided into two groups of 12)
Week 2: six eliminated
Week 3: four eliminated
Week 4: three eliminated
Week 5: two eliminated
Week 6: two eliminated
Week 7: top three performance with winner crowned

4 Likes

That matches up perfectly with the scheduled finale date.

2 Likes

I don’t like the sound of that at all, it’s exactly what is wrong with The Voice. All these shows are most successful when they keep it simple and do one elimination per week, or at least one elimination per episode. Maybe have one double elimination early on.

If they need to shorten the season, start the live shows with a top 10 or have 4 in the finale.

5 Likes

It’s confusing. It ends before Easter but there’s not enough time to have a new show from when it ends to when Easter is so they really could have gone late Jan to Easter in April.

3 Likes

You’ve answered your own question there. Q1 always meant they had to fit it in between the Australian Open and Easter which effectively limits it to Feb/March, so probably the auditions stripped across a couple of weeks then six weeks of live shows. Assuming a final 12 you eliminate 2 per week leaving you with 2 for a Head to Head Final. That would at least be more structured than the US format with varying amounts eliminated each week.

It’s not what it was and doesn’t build the momentum in the way it did at it’s peak, but it’s alot better than what The Voice has been doing in recent years.

5 Likes

According to a promo for next week’s Sunrise, there will be a behind-the-scenes look at the top 30 show which took place on Wednesday, including a chat with Kyle Sandilands.

1 Like

I hope it’s not going to show some of the performances. Wouldn’t that ruin the audition episodes and Top 50 week?

3 Likes

That was an incredibly strong launch promo.

1 Like

7 Likes

Are they advertising “LIVE TV” in QLD, SA, NT, WA?

2 Likes

A general entertainment program that is recorded and broadcast live is usually considered as being able to be described as “live” when shown in other markets.

2 Likes

Would we say the same if a sports event was promoted as such?

1 Like

Hasn’t aired here yet.

1 Like

And I presume it can be found live on 7+ ? Or not?

1 Like

I did say “general entertainment” program. It is to distinguish it from a show that was pre-recorded when originally broadcast.

2 Likes

No Ricki-Lee Coulter? Damn.

1 Like

Video

5 Likes

That’s an excellent promo. Can’t wait for it to start.

2 Likes