Seven Network 2023

Discussion of Seven Network programs for 2023.

Seven’s Upfronts are Tuesday 25 October.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 5 hours.

Is there a live stream of 7’s like 9 and 10?

1 Like

I really look forward to this evening’s upfronts, given there are so many questions on Seven’s programming plans for 2023 and beyond.

• Will there be an announcement on Seven’s partnership with an existing streaming platform?
  • Will there be an announcement on which network will broadcast the 2024 Paris Olympics and 2026 Commonwealth Games?
  • Since Australian Idol is set for Q1, will The Voice be scheduled for Q3 or Q4?
  • Will the debut of Million Dollar Island be delayed by the discovery of asbestos on site in Malaysia?
  • Apart from the previously announced Claremont mini-series, which new drama(s) has Seven planned for next year?
  • How will Seven promote the 2023/24 summer of cricket given it will possibly be the last time the network broadcast home internationals involving Australian men’s and women’s teams?
3 Likes

Hopefully we get some new improvements to Seven’s coverage of the AFL.

Seven advised that there is no live stream this year.

3 Likes

I think any improvements to Seven’s coverage of the AFL will have to wait until 2024, the year before the new broadcast rights deal begins.

3 Likes

That is true, though I thought they may something new to announce, since one of the letters in the promotional image is shaped by Seven-branded footballs.

1 Like

Probably just promotion of their new deal.

1 Like

The decoration at the entrance to the upfront presentation (Hoyts Entertainment Quarter at Sydney’s Moore Park) is the same as the event logo.

1 Like

There is an upfronts page at inside7. Not sure if that is where the live stream is going to be.

Not sure.

Confirmed (based on casting/upfront site)

Million Dollar Island
Big Brother
Australian Idol
Blow Up
This is Your Life
Farmer Wants a Wife
AFL
AFLW
Cricket
Supercars
Horse Racing
RFDS
My Kitchen Rules
The Logies

Expected to return:
Sunrise
The Morning Show
7NEWS
The Latest
7NEWS Spotlight
The Chase Australia
The Front Bar
Home and Away

Unknown
SAS Australia
The Voice Generations
Apartment Rules
Dancing with The Stars: All Stars
Fam Time
Around the world in 80 days
Showtrial
The Ipcress Files

If anyone has the link and it is something else please pm me

No live stream…

1 Like

Got this very low quality image from a leaked article that must have been sent out before upfronts.

Looks like a new channel.

1 Like

Seven sold the rights to BBC First which recently finished airing the first season. It has been renewed for a second season.

I think they are both one-off mini-series.

Green 7 channel? What could it be? * cue thread with 500 unnecessary comments speculating a sport channel to a shopping channel *

1 Like

According to TV Tonight’s David Knox, the upfront is a cinema screening, with free choc tops and popcorn for audience members.

So it looks like everything from the presentation is pre-recorded.

1 Like