Seven Network 2021

It’s probably too expensive to produce a show like AGT for it not to air nationally.

1 Like

I didn’t realise 7 had The Ashes. I thought 9 had secured it.

Possibly referring to the Summer 2021-22 Ashes series in Australia? That would come under the broadcast deal with Cricket Australia, if I’m not mistaken.

5 Likes

I like the Bring It On promo and the Holey Mosley one with the golf ball visiting all of their programs.
Did anyone else notice the old 7 logo on the jackets of the Holey Moley commentators?

1 Like

The 2021-22 Ashes is included in the cricket TV rights when announced back in 2018

4 Likes

The list of new shows includes a few which were announced during Seven’s upfronts held in 2018 and 2019, including Wife Swap, Reckoning, Fam Time and Mates on a Mission. The latter two have been filmed and are in the can.

Isn’t Fam Time already filmed too?

1 Like

This interview @blackbox did with Ross & Backwell is worth reading because of how many things it touches on (eg; whether Seven will have too many singing shows, 7flix’s performance, when Australian Idol will launch in 2022, etc)

Very interesting read. Looks like Seven is going forward with the idea of outsourcing most of their new productions to companies like EndemolShine, Fremantle and Eureka. Probably not the worst idea considering the in house stuff they’ve done in recent years have failed to fire.

I actually like Warburton’s strategy of going with some big name brands for their slate next year. It’s much better than the rubbish we were given last year when Worner was still on the top. Warburton obviously realised that Worner’s strategy of commissioning in house garbage like Super Switch and The Proposal was outdated and cracking and something had to change so that is a positive at least.

1 Like

Out of all the positives from the upfronts yesterday, I still reckon Seven should try and forge a deal with an SVOD company like Netflix and diversify their business model. Nine and 10 are both in the SVOD space with Stan and Paramount+ and there’s no room for another streaming service here in Australia so they might as well team up with one of the incumbent ones and considering Netflix and Seven seemed to work pretty well in the past, they could always join forces in the Australian market.

4 Likes

Even if it wasn’t Netflix they could team up with something like peacock it actually probably suits their brand more than Netflix.

I think 7s plans in the svod world is to be a content producer and make more deals like they did with amazon for packed to the rafters.

Peacock is owned by Comcast and NBCU content can be seen on Channel 9.

2 Likes

Was that the first time Seven has shown the promo “Bring on 2021” during the AFL grand final?

The song used was Symphony by Sheppard and it was shown straight after Sheppard performed in the half time show.

4 Likes

New promo aired during the Half Time of the AFL Grand Final. It has Idol listed as returning in 2021

It should be the highest rating show for the year so it makes sense.

3 Likes

It was a list of shows on Seven. They didn’t specifically say it was coming up in 2021 but they gave you that impression when it was wrapped up with “Bring on 2021”.

1 Like

Promo caps:

10 Likes

Video

3 Likes