Seven Network 2021

They also announced Australian Gangster three years ago. :wink:

1 Like

what happened to Mates on a Mission and Wife Swap?

2021 will definitely be a substantial year for Seven with the AFL, (WAFL/SANFL/VFL), 2021 Summer Olympics and the Paralympics in Tokyo, Test Cricket, BBL, HOrse Racing, Ashes, and the V8 Supercars. As well, they have new upcoming shows like Holey Moley, Ultimate Tag, The Voice. This will without a doubt, provide a substantial boost to ratings.
Australian Idol and the 2022 Beijing Olympic Games will be exciting. THe Beijing 2022 Olympics will be a time friendly zone. (Beijing shares the same timezone as Perth). If Australian Idol is coming to Seven, who could host the show? (I don’t think Sonia Kruger could host the show. There is too much of her. Have a different male host).

Sonia Kruger will be on The Voice, Big Brother, Holey Moley, Ultimate Tag, 2021 Summer Olympics and even Australia’s Got Talent. Why does Sonia Kruger have a lot of commitments. I don’t think Brian Taylor is suited for Holey Moley. He would rather focus on the AFL commitments.
On the other hand, this is a big boost for Channel Seven with Beijing 2022 Olympics. Given that Beijing shares the same timezone as Perth, this could be a ratings boost for the network. Channel SEven could use their primary channel, 7Two and 7mate for the Games. The TOkyo Olympics will definitely provide a substantial boost to primetime ratings on the east coast. They will use Channel 7, 7TWO, 7Mate and even 7Flix (due to AFL commitments). This means AFL will be bumped to 7mate during the Games.

1 Like

Yeah that also disappeared into thin air.

No sign of that either. Good riddance.

She’s not on that show.

Good. He’s not on there either.

Provided it goes ahead, mind.

2 Likes

Yeah, the Australian Idol announcement is a curious one for numerous reasons. Surely Seven’s 2022 plans are to have one of the shows launch after the Beijing Winter Olympics and have the other one air in the 2nd half of the year?

I can’t see why Seven would announce a show now which won’t be airing for more than a year if it’s merely an insurance program in case The Voice flops.

The AFL has had a policy over the last few years of not wanting to schedule too many Thursday night games so doubt they would do such an expansion unless the scheduling they’ve had to do this season has changed their thinking about that. Besides, Seven only has the rights to 11 TNF/public holiday games so there were to be Thursday night games played throughout the season, Fox Footy would produce half of them.

The Voice clip with Sonia taking the piss out of herself was quite good. Also, fans of TV nostalgia will get a kick out of the Holely Moley promo…

Agree. While there’s potential for gambles such as as Ultimate Tag and The Voice to flop, the 7:30pm line-up looks more promising for Seven next year than it has for quite a number of years.

3 Likes

It includes Idol according to the promo on inside7.

Good to see Seven finally waking up and realising viewers are fatigued by cooking and renovation shows. If only they realised singing and talent formats have been done to death in the last two decade. They’ve pretty much unearthed all the stars and c grade celebs worth seeing until the next generation of wannabes are looking to be discovered in a few years.

2 Likes

Looking at all the comments so far, surprised that we haven’t uncovered this gem of a show :face_vomiting:

HOW TO LOOK GOOD NAKED

How to Look Good Naked has one aim: to get body confidence soaring by showing real sized women in all their naked glory. The definitive guide to looking good with your clothes on or off, this is a show that loves natural women. From the slim to the curvy, grannies to teens, and all in between – without a surgical knife in sight! Hosted by Gok Wan - a fashion expert not afraid to tell a few home truths, it includes plenty of how best to dress advice. This is a truly uplifting series for women of every shape and size. Iconic moments punctuate each show, from the ‘reality check’ line-up to the big finish: a huge image of our once-shy contributor projected onto a building for the whole world to see!

HOW TO LOOK GOOD NAKED is produced by Banijay.

They’re just getting ahead of themselves with these shows.

For the first time in a while I’m impressed at their slate for next year. It used to be throwing turds on the wall and hoping it would stick but now it looks like they’re actually serious.

Not a fan of Warburton as a CEO but at least he’s actually trying some new shows like Holey Moley and Ultimate Tag. These shows wouldn’t have seen the light of the day if Worner was still around. He would still be obsessed with The Super Switch and Zumbo’s Just Desserts.

I’m sure they said that coronavirus put a stop to Wife Swap so they probably still can’t do it. Maybe Mates on a Mission will screen before the end of 2020?

how to look good naked looks more suited for sbs than seven

1 Like

According to the audition call, filming was supposed to take place January -March 2019, so should have been well in the can by covid time. judging from the silence form 7 for over 2 years it might have been abandoned long ago.

1 Like

They would have announced it for clicks. Australian idol will dominate headlines and people will click the article to find out more.

Isn’t MAFS essentially the same thing?

I wonder if 7 were pushed to do Australian idol. They have held onto the rights for a few years. And rumours were circulating that 10 were going to reboot. I just wonder if they simply did it to retain the rights.

1 Like

I was actually thinking about Seven reviving Australian Idol a little while ago. It was the sort of washed up format that I thought they would bring back. How predictable.

[Daryl Somers has entered the room]

4 Likes

That’s what I am thinking as well. It could air on Thursday nights in November.
Maybe Seven will use the AFL Grand Final to launch a new promo?

1 Like

Australian Idol…thrilling. That’ll stop the masses going to streaming services right in their tracks.

5 Likes

Still wouldn’t be surprised if this is only for publicity purposes and when next year’s lineup scores they will ‘rest’ this one.

Seven had Australia’s Got Talent, Dancing with the Stars and X Factor all at once for a period of time (2010-2012) and they still won the ratings for those years so it could still work in some capacity.

3 Likes

What about AGT for just those markets?