Seven Network 2021

They actually have 4 on TV nationally (Footy Classified, The Oval Office, Women’s Footy and The Sunday Footy Show), 3 locally (Footy WA, Footy SA and Footy WA & SA) and 3 online (Crawf VS, Full Time, Talk of the Town).

No, nothing confirmed. Wouldn’t surprise me that the Sunday show comes back next year. Talking Footy might be gone though.

I think 7 will get rid of Game Day.

1 Like

This is a surprise.

1 Like

There are strong rumours Sonia Kruger will be brought back to reprise her role, although that is not confirmed.

God, seriously?
This “bring back known formats” thing is ridiculous.

4 Likes

Hopefully it wasn’t me that gave them any ideas :smile:

2 Likes

Another recycled show from Seven! Seeing as the current trend seems to be reviving 10+ year old formats, I’m expecting an It Takes Two revival to be announced soon.

4 Likes

Well, Seven’s 2021 lineup is now:

Holey Moley
Big Brother
Ultimate Tag
The Voice
Australia’s Got Talent
Dancing With the Stars
Farmer wants a Wife
SAS Australia

On paper it appears decent (in fact, almost a bit like their golden era of 2007-2015 with all the talent shows and some new formats and established hits) but we’ll have to see how these are produced and received to see if Seven’s current strategy pays off.

How are we expecting Seven to programme the months of February/March before the easter/non-ratings break?

I think I read somewhere that Holey Moley has 16 episodes, so they could do 2 eps per week (Sun & Mon or Mon & Tue), to take them right up to the end of March. Alternatively, they could air 3 eps per week (Sun-Tue or Mon-Wed) and finish off the season around the Labor Day Public Holiday in Victoria.

I did some research and found out that one of Seven’s new ‘8.30’ shows next year Australian Gangster, will consist of 2x90 minute episodes. Perhaps that could be aired Sundays 8:30pm-10:00pm off the back of a reality tentpole.

There’s also the question of where 7NEWS Spotlight will be put. Apparently programming executives are looking to give it a regular timeslot in Q1. I think Sundays or Tuesdays are the best days for it.

1 Like

Another promo

4 Likes

Just saw a promo for Wife Swap Australia on Prime7.

1 Like

They were on such a roll with good commissions but now they are going with this garbage?

2 Likes

Was it not already commissioned for last year or the year before and didn’t air? they are probably just burning it off.

2 Likes

Well no one really asked for it so it should at most be on 7Flix, and even that channel is too good for this show.

1 Like

And the graphic/logo at the end is shocking.

UK observational documentary Ambulance: Code Red is coming to Seven this year. The Channel 5 series follows the work of West Midlands Ambulance Service paramedics and doctors. Four episodes were shown in UK in September 2020 with episode 5 to air next week.

New promo shown during the cricket pre-match this morning.

2 Likes

The Good Doctor returning to Tuesdays.

1 Like

I reckon it would be in Seven’s best interests to not put Holey Moley on Sunday nights, as I reckon it will get smashed by MAFS on that night, and leave it as a Monday to Wednesday show (therefore airing three nights a week.

Perhaps they could use Sunday nights to air the 7NEWS Spotlight: Ivan Milat specials?

I also think that 9-1-1 should be put on Thursday nights at 8pm after the double episodes of Home and Away. It might have a better chance in an 8pm slot as opposed to Monday 9pm.

See my post in the Mock Schedules thread about how I’d programme Seven’s Q1 programs.

4 Likes
4 Likes