Seven Network 2020

News Corp would be the obvious one but that would be a disaster for diversity in aus media.

NBC universal could be an other option given they own some production companies over here.

3 Likes

“If you’re holding shares in Seven, sell them now before they’re worthless. Seven is looking to become the new Ten.”

No, I’m not going sell my shares in Seven West esp since they are at near all time lows but also are good value with lots of upside !

I think the big difference between Seven and ten, is that ten had much higher borrowings and weren’t diversified enough. With Seven, they have equity stakes in airtasker, 7travel, magazines, co-newspapers with news corp, streaming, more live multi chanels, mobile streaming.

Now, Seven could still crash, don’t get me wrong, but you would need people to stop watching cricket, afl, news, stop streaming and pay more for TV.

1 Like

It’s very telling that on a day when we hear about two big drama offerings out of New Zealand, Seven are announcing more crud like this.

New Zealand with about one fifth of Australia’s population will be soon outstripping us in the production of scripted drama and comedy.

4 Likes

I think this the first time seven has co-produced a drama in NZ

What about 800 Words?

800 Words is an Australian–New Zealand comedy-drama television series, co - produced by South Pacific Pictures and Seven Productions for the Seven Network.

Previous co-productions include Mirror, Mirror, The New Legends of Monkey, Cleverman, Time Trackers, Deepwater Haven and Staines Down Drains.

2 Likes

Same but I rarely have the opportunity to watch daytime television. I watch a few hours of television every night but, apart from the odd Sunday Night report, they haven’t offered anything that interests me for the past few years. I grew up on Seven’s dramas but they’ve abandoned that proud heritage to pump out variations on the same cheap reality garbage year after year.

I read the report that they’re producing another dating show and couldn’t believe it. I was only half joking about selling Seven shares but you have to wonder what the medium will look like in five to ten years time when their aim is to fill the schedule with any old shit at the cheapest possible cost. Surely they wonder why people are turning off in droves?

I really feel for people who have to rely on free to air as their only source of entertainment and can’t afford streaming services.

3 Likes

I feel sorry for anyone who willingly subjects themselves to most of 7’s programming.

6 Likes

Sully:

I watch more of Seven’s multi-channel offerings than the main channel, except for sport (including sports shows) and the odd 6pm news bulletin.

My reality shows have always been with 10.

I watch Nine and 10’s multi-channels too, but Nine’s main channel also doesn’t interest me much outside of sport and sport shows.

I watch dramas on all networks, including ABC and SBS.

1 Like

I tell you the show, I’m most excited for in 2020: WIFE SWAP

:poop:

1 Like

Once yes, but no more.
Not that 9 or 10 have anything I like either.
From growing up as a tv nut, and a 7 fan (that’s because the regional channel I grew up watching was 7 affiliated), I can take or leave most of what they offer these days… there’s little buzz or excitement any more… I’d rather read or find what I want on Netflix… if free to air has lost me, no wonder they’ve lost the majority of their viewing audiences…

2 Likes

Spot on. Channel schedules are an absolute shadow of their former selves. Everything new also seems to have a rule of having to run for over an hour each night as well.

People’s attention spans (ala millennials) are much shorter and yet programs are running longer. From a viewer experience perspective it does not make sense and dilutes the power of broadcast content so they need to manufacture fake drama to keep people watching.

8 Likes

These one and half hours shows are def keeping me watching longer !

Wouldn’t be surprise to see BHG 1 and a half.

What?

BHG? Better Homes and Gardens? It’s already 90 minutes long. Has been for years.

5 Likes

Ah Seven…

Oh 7… really??? All these recycled ideas are just boring and not imaginative. Uninspirating commissioning if this is true.

Although, they obviously want the love genre and the biggest issue with 7’s programs in this area is that most of them don’t have that fairytale pull the others do. So I guess this would be ticking that box.

What 7 are doing right now is what 10 did wrong last year at their upfronts with Changing Rooms and Dancing with the Stars. All programs that have had their time and just not popular anymore.

6 Likes

Playing it ultra safe is what it looks like, how uninspiring

7 Likes

Totally agree. It does seen very safe. I just wonder if James Warburton has said these were some of my favourite shows go get them please.

1 Like

Is this someone’s idea of a sick joke or are the programming executives at Seven that clueless?

Vast swathes of the country is in drought and the idiots at Seven think they’ll get participants for a reboot of Farmer Wants a Wife. I think the priorities of people on the land would lie with surviving the drought rather than finding love. It’s the sort of thinking that demonstrates how out of touch they are. Perhaps they need to get one of their weather experts to explain what all the red on this map means.

8 Likes

Maybe Seven will use it to actually bring awareness to the drought, show some of the farmers really struggling? Change up the format a bit? I’m trying to think positive. :neutral_face:

4 Likes