Seven Network 2020

wrong broadcast group …

My understanding is 9Now will have a subscription service soon which explains all the awful 2 minute long pre-roll advertisements they current are doing … have to encourage (you know pissed off) enough to make them pay to view what is essentially free content …

1 Like

Interesting development here with TVtonight reporting the show could be going to Amazon Prime.

2 Likes

From last year’s upfronts:

MISS SCARLET AND THE DUKE

Set in the same 1880s London society that gave rise to Jack the Ripper, this British detective drama features a fearless, independent heroine played by Kate Phillips (Peaky Blinders, The Crown). With her inquisitive mind, Miss Scarlet has always been more interested in running her late father’s detective agency than behaving like a proper lady. But nothing has prepared her for the dangers she is about to face as a woman in the murder investigation trade. From prolific British writer Rachael New comes this fresh crime drama about the first ever female detective in 19th century London. The six-part drama is produced by Element 8 Entertainment.

C21 reports production recently wrapped up on the series, so we won’t see it until 2020.

Sounds like crap.

It doesn’t seem to end.

1 Like

Shooting started this past week on One Lane Bridge, a 6 x 44 minutes New Zealand series for TVNZ and Seven. “A character-driven crime drama with a supernatural edge set amidst the stunning but brooding landscape of Queenstown”.

3 Likes

It isn’t an exact science, all the top teams from 2019 won’t magically stay on top in 2020.

2 Likes

More than $1 million per episode. That is a lot of money. Hopefully they will make it back on international sales.

1 Like

The article says the series got $5.47 million in NZ On Air funding.

1 Like

Another dating show coming next year, called Single and Sick of Swiping. (as in swiping on dating apps)

bangs head on table

They’ll never learn won’t they…?

11 Likes

When will Seven learn that Married At First Sight, The Bachelor, The Bachelorette and Bachelor In Paradise (maybe Love Island if it’s a hit on Nine’s main channel this year - fingers crossed that it isn’t) are enough for viewers who are really into the manufactured dating/relationship/wedding “reality” genre?

2 Likes

I can see the newspaper headlines when it fails:

Single and Sick of Seven. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

If you’re holding shares in Seven, sell them now before they’re worthless. Seven is looking to become the new Ten.

2 Likes

This just sounds like cheap content for 7plus (like Yummy Mummies), I wouldn’t read to much into it.

2 Likes

Sounds like something that will eventually turn up on Netflix too.

1 Like

Unsecured bank loan borrowings: $653,839,000, third party loan: $1,045,000, bank guarantees $10,500,000.

Market capitalisation: $550,430,000.

Share price: $0.372

1 Like

Indeed. Seven would be stuffed if it wasn’t for their highly overpriced sports coverage and to a lesser extent, their news & daytime lineup.

Can’t think of one post-7.30pm show I’ve watched on the Seven Network this year, both them and even Nine are lucky to me as a viewer (albeit a largely critiquing one) for their Sydney news services these days.

1 Like

Wouldn’t go that far considering Seven still has a decent base with news and sports - something 10 didn’t have when they were at ‘rock bottom’. However, it seems near-inevitable that the network will be acquired by another company - they can’t acquire their way out of the significant debt they have

5 Likes

Well, Warburton has experience with that with what he did during his time at APN Outdoor and oversaw it’s acquisition by JCDecaux.