Seven Network 2020

Yeah I get that (but don’t profess to understand all the other ins and outs like many on here, neither do I want to)…But given the somewhat smaller or at least less concentrated audience of subscription services, you’d think there would still be an audience for it on FTA after it has initially aired.
I’ve always thought a show like Wentworth was wasted just airing on Foxtel, then replays buried on a Friday night on the ABC. It could’ve had success on a commercial network I feel.

I’d argue amongst those under 40 that streaming / subscription services (in general, not Amazon Prime specifically have the same, if not larger reach than FTA does at this stage…

As already mentioned, no doubt Amazon fronted enough cash to grant them access to first run exclusivity at the very least.

3 Likes

Seven needs to expand its revenue and business. Seven studios producing content and selling it others is a prefect way to do this. Broadcast tv is slowing. Fast. Steaming is growing fast. Seve needs it’s foot in the door. This does that.

They’ll make more money off the franchise this way, than airing it on seven

5 Likes

For all of Seven’s stumbles and problems over the past few years, establishing Seven Studios and building it into a content producer/distributor is probably the smartest thing they’ve done. Unlike the other networks, they’ve recognized how important it is to own their own content and being able to fully exploit it (eg; by making shows for Foxtel, Netflix and now Amazon)

8 Likes

Please, no!

It won’t be a true midday show anyway, it’ll be another Daily Edition/Morning Show/Studio 10/Today Extra/9am/ clone with advertorials.

2 Likes

Seven and Discovery Expand Partnership

Seven West Media and Discovery today announced an expansion of their partnership, with Food Network content migrating to 7flix from December 29, and premium true crime content joining 7TWO.

This extended partnership marks the next step in Seven and Discovery’s relationship, with Discovery’s premium content featuring in dedicated, branded programming blocks on 7flix and 7TWO, as well as a part of 7plus, Seven’s award-winning BVOD service.

Commenting on the expanded partnership, Brook Hall, Seven’s Director of Content Scheduling, said: “We’re thrilled to be stepping up our partnership with Discovery, to showcase their unmatched Food Network and premium true crime content across 7flix, 7TWO and 7plus.

“Discovery’s content will continue to be a key component of our multichannel strategy in 2020. Both 7flix and 7TWO will feature premium Discovery content, strengthening their positions in the market.

“7plus will also benefit from our expanded partnership with Discovery, with Food Network and premium true crime content perfect for BVOD audiences.”

Food Network content migrating to 7flix includes Restaurant Impossible, Buddy vs Duff, The Great Food Truck Race, Crazy Cakes and Spring Baking Championship. Premium true crime content from Discovery joining 7TWO includes Who Killed Jane Doe?, Beauty Queen Murders, Momsters: When Moms Go Bad and Deadly Intent: Murder Among Friends.

Jeanneane Mckay, Director of Lifestyle Content & Channels at Discovery said, “We’re delighted to build on our partnership with Seven, extending the reach of our popular Food Network and true crime content. There is a huge appetite for this content worldwide among female audiences, and their addition to the line-up for 7flix and 7TWO strengthens their positions among this key demographic.”

Beyond today’s announcement, as announced at Seven’s Upfronts in October, 7flix will be completely rebranded 2020 to focus on young female audiences and 7mate will be going HD, further strengthening Seven’s leading multichannel strategy.

5 Likes

I read on a page that Seven could be merging with PRIME next year which means that PRIME could end up being Australia-wide

Don’t believe everything you read.

1 Like

I think thanks to a couple of people not mentioning names that that is obsolete now.

7Two 2020 promo aired during BBL tonight, showcasing returning, shifting channel and first run shows.

Contrasting demographics I would’ve thought (7 BBL and 7Two)? Though Seven have said 7Two now chases 35+ I think it is, as opposed to their former and 9Gem’s 55+.

Looks like they really are ‘blowing up’ 7Two and 7flix, the latter which obviously won’t have a promo until they announce the channel’s new name/brand.

3 Likes

??

Could The Goldbergs finally air New Episodes on 7flix as the Main Channel keeps taking it off whenever they feel like it?

From this promo, it looks like The Blacklist is moving from main channel to 7TWO in 2020. Also upcoming mini series Miss Scarlet and the Duke will also premiere on 7TWO.

4 Likes

Bones and Criminal Minds (7flix since early 2016, the latter hasn’t moved its Thursday night marathon timeslot since) both going to 7Two.

2 Likes

In other words, they’re trying to recreate (copy) what Ten have done with Bold.

That promo really confuses me

Is this new style of programming joining the existing 7two or is this the new feel entirely of 7TWO

I’m confused what 7two is now

Old British me new american crime?

If they are renaming 7flix, 7two should have renamed too

There’s no indication of renaming anything apart from some rumours.

7TWO has always been about Crime and Mystery. Not much has changed apart from the byline in the latest promo.

This promo from 2017 ended with “Great British Mysteries”

4 Likes

How is it any more confusing than 7flix and their various identity crises? At least 7TWO is sticking with older skewing crime shows.

4 Likes

Maybe 7Two will start airing movies again? Before 7flix, they’d air regularly, as well as 7mate of course.

Home and Away returns 27 Jan.

1 Like