7mate - Programs and Schedules

It felt like the last one. Ended with a “to be continued…” unlike the first three. The follow-up programs (Pauly’s Shorts, Fat Pizza movie and an encore of the first three episodes) suggests it was the last, too.

It’s a shame. I was just getting back into it too. :frowning:

3 Likes

Yes was the final

I’d rather see more Rostered On than Fat Pizza.

So only 4 episodes were produced?

But then again. these 4 episodes were longer than usual 30-minute sitcoms. Pizza was one-hour episodes, including commercials. Could Seven have stretched the episodes to 5 or 6, or did Paul Fenech film the show only as a 4-part series?

New 7mate 2020 promo, featuring the channel’s own V/O the hilarious Duncan Fellows. Tagline is “true blue Aussie shows” (new Fat Pizza also confirmed)

See release from today

Is this really news? I thought it was announced at the upfronts that 7mate would go HD.

1 Like

Coming soon is Demolition NZ series 1 and 2, which has 20 half hour episode and a one hour special.

Source: Rapid TV News.

Interesting situation in central west NSW tonight… Family Guy started and cut to a break halfway through the opening credits, and the channel is now watermarked through the ad breaks.

My guess is that the local feed of 7mate has shit its pants, and we’re getting the metro feed now. I have a feeling it might be the Melbourne feed though?

Edit: looks like it’s back…cut to a break halfway through the opening credits again, but there’s now a Prime7 Olympics ad. That was a crazy 21 minutes.

1 Like

7mate is the inaugural winner of Mediaweek’s best multichannel award.

2 Likes

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but do we know exactly what time 7mateHD is supposed to be (re)launching?

I was expecting something to happen at midnight local time (remembering the experiences of switches between Seven and 7mate on LCN-70), but the placeholder slide is still running on LCN-74! The EPG on terrestrial TV here in Sydney still has “11am to 11am: Channel Launching Soon” for all available days of data as well.

1 Like

Isn’t it at midday with The Simpsons?

Broadcasting now in Brisbane. Some random show about American Football.

It’s a documentary series.

Duplicating their HD channel like Nine is rather silly really, bite the bullet and get rid of the SD channel

1 Like

But of course, not everyone (even now in the 20th year of digital terrestrial television broadcasting in Australia) can recieve MPEG4 channels.

Granted that SBS got rid of VICELAND SD without many problems but even still, 7mate and 9Gem rate consistently higher.

1 Like

True but a minority is holding back force them to upgrade!

Can’t they mandate that from say mid 2020 no tv’s in Australia can be sold that are MPEG2 only or something?

Are there are any brands still being sold as MPEG2?